low side laydown

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
Here is my horror story.  turns and gravel don't mix.....the pics are too big to post so here is my picturetrail account.  Yeah I wrecked at about 130mph on Oct 10.   All I got was some small road rash and a broken ankle.  I have had surgery and two screws later here I am.  I cracked my helmet.  Received two tickets but they were torn up at the hospital.  It has sucked but the vicodin help.

bike pics

sorry to hear that bro, i'm sure that hurts. don't you just love the cops when they give you a ticket while you crashed, i almost punched a cop one day when i crashed, cause he is givingme a tocket aftr i crashed my bike, some people they just don't think.
did you call the insurance? are you going to fix the bike?

Um..dood: Crashin' at 130 is pretty damned scary...and you're very lucky to still be with us.

Glad this story didn't turn out any worse.
sad.gif

Sorry to hear that, but it does sound like you pretty lucky. Hope the recovery goes well.

Thats insane to crash going that fast.....count your blessings and watch that corner speed. 45% of all crashes happen in a turn. At least what the MSF instructor said.

Well I wouldn't have crashed if there hadn't been about a half ton of gravel in the road. It pretty much looked like someones tailgate fell down and rock just poured out. I did all I can to loss it on the gravel. I kinda aimed myself towards the grass and bailed. Anyway that's what my buddies said that I did. I don't remember. Kinda happened fast??? All I remember is skidding and rolling, then standing up and falling right back down, Yeah its been a couple of weeks and many hours on ebay shopping for parts. Almost done. All I need is the front fairing, left fairing, and left mirror. I also need a good undertail but I can just use my stocker. I think I am pretty lucky for that speed. I had her leaned about as far as she would lay.

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad your still with us... Looks like you taking her apart to fix her. I presume that she is salvagable.

the metal that I screwed up was the subframe. I twisted it from the initial impact but other than that just plastic. Runs great.. By the end of the week it should be ready for paint. Hopefully. But I am gonna wait a while for that probably spring. So I have nice warm weather to paint. A bike is always salvageable....I think anyway its just how much money you wanna throw at it. I have spent approx 650 bucks so far all on the accord of some jackass who couldn't clean their gravel off the road. If I ever find that person I am gonna stick my size 38 (I think maybe smaller) MOONBOOT in their hindquarters

dayum bro.....that is some scary shid...130 and low siden...glad your still with us..... hope for a speedy recovery...

Hurts just to think about it. In addition to the gravel, might have had a little to do with the 130 mph part, don'cha think?

Sux. Hope you and the bike are better soon.

Lucky you made it through that one. Glad your ok but it hurts looking at aBusa in that shape. Good luck rebuilding and healing.

Glad it is all working out and you are ok. It is amazing that you walk away from one that fast.

the metal that I screwed up was the subframe.  I twisted it from the initial impact but other than that just plastic.  Runs great..  By the end of the week it should be ready for paint.  Hopefully.  But I am gonna wait a while for that probably spring.  So I have nice warm weather to paint.  A bike is always salvageable....I think anyway its just how much money you wanna throw at it.  I have spent approx 650 bucks so far all on the accord of some jackass who couldn't clean their gravel off the road.  If I ever find that person I am gonna stick my size 38 (I think maybe smaller) MOONBOOT in their hindquarters

In April I hit a pile of dirt in my line.  I wasn't lucky enough to lowslide, I totally botched it and highsided.  3rd Degree separation in the left shoulder . . just call me hunchback.

Bike had $10k worth of damage that insurance covered -

Good news is I am back to pushups, pullups, weights -but I had to take the rest of the year off for Martial Arts.
qw%20scott%20ton%20er%20mar%2004.jpg

Glad your alive to tell the tale. I am sure that a local track day would be better for you than the street at those speeds. Just had a R6 pilot kill a construction worker near my store. High speed and drinking involved. Take it to the track...

You're lucky dude.

Don't be mad about gravel on the road, that's to be expected on the street. Expect it!

Dont want to make light of your situation but your bike doesnt look like yoiu went down at 130. But damn glad youre alive. Bet that was hell of an adreline rush on the way down huh

Back