East Coast Meet and Greet in VA ~

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Edit!!! Potential best dates - June 12- 14, with arrival encouraged the days/week before.

Been talking to Omar about this today, and we are open to hosting a meet and greet here. Our timeline is limited working around a high school graduation in Kansas and a trip to Colorado later this summer, plus my myriad of concert plans ;) BUT we're looking at the first 3 weeks in June, before Father's Day weekend. There's planning going on for Midwest rides, but anyone that can't make that or that's near the coast, speak up. If there's no interest now, we can consider this for some other time.

Here's what we've tossed around:

We have room for people here; it'll be first come, first serve, and after that there is a small motel just a few miles away where small craft pilots stay next to a tiny airfield. It's connected to a restaurant and about as fancy as Phillips :laugh: If you want nicer, for a little more and a bit further away, there is a Hampton Inn.

In our home, we have 3 extra queen beds, two twin beds, two large futons available & 4 full bathrooms. We have things to do here, and are hoping to have a swimming pool by then. Pool table, Foosball, XBOX, maybe we can rush build the firepit :lol:

Idea for a ride - weather permitting, we'd take the group to a ferry that leads us toward Virginia Beach; good for those that don't see the ocean much, then, time permitted, we'd swing by Fort Monroe, and ride Colonial Parkway on our way back. This would be a full day of riding. There are other areas close by worth seeing, so we can plan to see more short rides, just depends on when everyone is here and what everyone is up for. Omar and I might change that ride plan; we might find something more appealing. Virginia Beach isn't my favorite destination, but if you've never been, you might want to say you've seen it :dunno:

Meals - Omar and I host one dinner at our home....details to be determined...there are area restaurants worth checking out, one in particular just a few miles from our house, good food, outdoor seating, right on the water. That might be worth a trip.

Items of interest -

You can book a flight in an airplane, see the area from above. It's an open war plane I believe. Omar's done it and he loved it.

Edit - also, if given time and depending on how long people are here, we can book a 57' boat for a fishing trip in the Bay, or just to cruise the river. Omar and I know the captain, so if there's interest, I can work out cost/details.

There's a campground a few miles away for anyone that might opt to show up in an RV. We also have room for one, maybe 2 RVs at the end of our driveway in the cul-de-sac.

Anyway, that's the basics, it would be a great time to see friends, bring riders together. It's not Robbinsville or Eureka, but if you've never been to the east coast, it's a change of scenery :)

Up for discussion...

Last edited:
re: East Coast Meet and Greet in VA ~

I have to look at my sked; my rotations don't line up clean for this - but you know I have to try!

I'm interested. Can you PM me your address so I can see how many miles it is to you place?

Zip code where we live, so those interested can see how far away you are...

Hmmm...450 miles for me.

But no fire pit no deal!

:crowbar: <---- thank you Omar!

Earlier the better i have a stuff going on for Fathers day.

Dam only 570 miles, that's a hop, skip, and a jump for me.

It would not fall on Father's Day weekend...Omar's going to be heading to KY to get his kids, so we'd try to squeeze this in before then :)

900 miles for me but still interested.

Want to get the heck out of Dodge as the roads here are crap.
Still to cold and salty to ride too.
Need to see some twisty roads to get my fix as there are almost none here.

I have relatives in Norfolk I but they don't like me...seriously:laugh: The Naval Base is not far right...? That would make a 7 hour haul from Charleston, SC to you....SWEET!!!

I have relatives in Norfolk I but they don't like me...seriously:laugh: The Naval Base is not far right...? That would make a 7 hour haul from Charleston, SC to you....SWEET!!!

Yep, we're only about 1.5 hours from Norfolk, if the bridge tunnel isn't backed up :lol:

Hmmm...450 miles for me.

But no fire pit no deal!

:crowbar: <---- thank you Omar!

so, once i do the 500 miles to your house, i'll only have another 450 to the fire pit :laugh: :beerchug:

Back