2015 HAYA's in the Hills

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Well lets start early,
Post up ideas, for area soon.
Does any one want to stay in the same area as this year? Or move to another state?
Shout out some ideas, and let the plans begin.

getting an early start...thats good...problem is most places wont let you reserve until after first of the year due to owners may wish to change rates...

If it has to be in the hills with twisty roads, then Southern WV would be OK.

I have literature from the WV welcome center, and there are many good rides/roads that
are available that look to be even better than the ones we were on at this years HITH's.

Now if we can only find a place with a cement driveway and use of the garage. :whistle:

Lol...yea better driveway....

.doesnt matter to me if we do it in WV again.....those roads were awesome...

Here is where we were in 2014 - Yes the roads were great.

July14_zps881be151.jpg

But comparing them to this area, these appear to be even more twisty.
They must not know how to lay a straight road. :laugh: Good for us. :thumbsup:

July15_zps2c6eb237.jpg

Most people know that there are pros and cons to most things.
Where I live - having mostly straight roads - you get places pretty fast and going across town is
usually a quick trip and fewer miles being most straight roads.

Twisty roads on the other hand will take longer to traverse but they are a lot more FUN.
Maybe not in the winter time - but most of us can't / don't ride then.....

So I'm up for trying these roads - I have other maps that show certain routes and highlights
along the way (photo opps?) with miles traveled and approx times etc.

Not saying that there aren't other places but all of us thought the roads we traveled where great
so I thought a little farther south they should be as good or even better. Time will tell if we end up there.

Let me know what you think as I'm open to other ideas and areas too. Just thought this (above) was worth considering.

Heck do we really have to wait 11½ months ??? ? Anyone up for a short (long weekend) run in Mid - Late Sept? Or 1st week of Oct. ???

I was kind of thinking Minnesota. Within a 30 mile radius of my house would be ideal.:laugh:

Not sure if Minnesota would qualify for Haya IN THE HILLS. :laugh:
Which would mean we just have to change the name.

So nobody has any other comments -

Seems such a waste of time to have to wait till next year to get together again.
What's the sense in planning this far out? If we can only dream of the next time we get together?

Open to other ideas - if you don't like mine. ??? :whistle:

Well i have had some time to think, i will not be attending the HIH again.
I do owe many apologizes for Saturday night. I was out line and i need to just step back and fix my life!

So to everyone, i hop that you have a time, and ride safe.

and now i have had time to think about it....i should smack you.....would we be family if we didnt understand...things happen man...take care of things....and time will tell how "embarrassed" you will be when we still want you to come.

Well i have had some time to think, i will not be attending the HIH again.
I do owe many apologizes for Saturday night. I was out line and i need to just step back and fix my life!

So to everyone, i hop that you have a time, and ride safe.

EVERYONE makes mistakes from time to time and NO ONE is perfect.

And who are we to judge?

I hope it doesn't take a year to "fix your life".
By next June or July maybe there will be enough of an improvement that you will consider joining us for some
twisty roads and a few laughs.

Take Care until we meet again.

ok everyone...now that the holidays are mostly over i can get back to normal life and start planning. I have returned to work at GE and thus will be somewhat dependent on my vacation schedule from them. let me get to work on when and where. i will update and take input from everyone!! the family and i look forward to seeing as many of you again and hope to meet new also!!.

Don't forget (during your searching) to get garage access (in writing?) and a driveway that is not downhill (or uphill) and around a corner. :laugh:

One with room for trailers to turn around in? :whistle:

Hopefully the map about gives you some starting points to look at.

Call if you need any help.

shirts from 2009-2014...........2015 to come

20150124_194543_zpsm5nmccfg.jpg

Back