2014 Haya in the Hills!! July 23-27

ok now its after the bash and plans fell through. i am now starting to organize the possibility of this years Haya's in the Hills for sometime in July, August, or first two weeks of September. I am contacting past places we haves stayed in Gettysburg PA, Kinzu area PA and Ellicotville NY. i already know the Kinzu reservoir area cabin is available Aug weekend of 15,16,17th normally i usually reserve the Thursday prior also to extend the time spent. so ideas and interest would be appreciated.

Ever consider SE Ohio / NW West Virginia? Great roads for riding, large but reasonable Microtel in Marietta OH, less than 300 miles from where you are...

Just got back from a weekend of riding with a bunch of FJR folks - lots of fun.

Any where is fine with me,but i mentioned a motel because of past problems with people complaining about days and price they paid...motel would be so they pay for thier room and days they are there without having past problems...plus you wont have to have a big deposit you have to come up with...

I like the allegheny state forest area and roads...but as said above i am open to any area or place...

Just hope this does happen as this is the big thing i look forward to each year...so work your magic chris...

Also once its established it is definately on i will start working on shirts for this years event.....

truth is lisa...the reason i select cabins is so that people are "forced" to stay in the same place. it eliminates clicks, creates genuine opportunity to really get to know someone not just be on a ride with them. its worked (i believe) very well and why folks speak highly of the HIH and why they come back even if the rides are not so great. Also the places i pick are , for lack of a better term, awesome. makes you feel like your....rich? fireplaces, large kitchens, decks with beautiful views, pools and hot tubs...it all part of the experience i think.

Sept 11-14 is the first weekend school starts...and sept is kinda late for half way decent weather...those dates dont work for me...

That Canaan place looks pretty nice! Im looking around for attractions besides the mountains!

i am starting to get some fairly affordable prices in the west Virginia area and availability in July and Aug. may do 4 nights (Wednesday -Sunday) so keep tuned as i nail down date and property.

ok folks im narrowing down the choices. been in daily contact with the reality company. its looking possibly last 2 weeknds in july or aug. waiting for them to answer which property's have fire pits. hot tub on each one. it looks like it will be the Canaan Valley area of WV

if it was yellow it wouldn't work. and if it was red we would be scar'd.... lol

Back