Grumpys Diner "how'd we do?"

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I'd like to thank GixerHP for handling the PayPal crap and making the Sams Run in NC, MrsGrumpy for her help and putting up with me and my Friday "Leave the F alone" mood, Omar, Warbird, 99, Ace, Dolind, Nicole, Janet, MacFast, Lycan, Cap for taste testing everything he walked by and offering 1000x to help and anybody else that I might have missed.

I know we had a few cancels and a couple people did actually grumble at me on Friday about what was put out, Is there anybody we owe a refund to?

I opted to skip the shrimp based on what we had for cash and the extra cooler for "seafood".

Thanx Dave

BTW I didnt keep track of any of the disposables, plates, cutlery, napkins, cleaning supplies, pans etc or the condiments or any of the stuff bought and hauled from home but as far as what we bought for actual food we broke even, thank you all for the prepay and what was put into the black box. There was less than $100 extra which was put toward gas. We also made a $50 donation to the church that loaned us the tables we were using.

Questions, Comments, requests...?

Dave!!! Many many many thanks to you and Angela for the GREAT food and all the hard work! We know you love doing it, but i can not express my gratitude enough. Thanks to who ever made the Drum b-b-q grills and all that made my stay at the bash a culinary deight!

side note: on trips to town, don't let GixerHP go into a Lowes by himself. He doesnt respond to pages..."Johnny Hayes, Please come to the front desk, your Daddy is looking for you!" :laugh:

This weeks consumption roughly:

40 quarts of chili, beef, pork, sirloin
60 lbs of steak strips cut into tips
72 lbs of chicken breasts
125 lbs of burger
10 lbs of dogs
49 lbs of pulled pork
13 lbs of pork loin
10 lbs of pasta before cooking
2 pans of salad
about 10 lbs of cheese
2 gallons of bbq sauce
1 gallon of mayo
1 gallon of sour cream
about 35 tomatoes
about 300 hamburger rolls and 2 loafs of texas toast
36 or so hot dog rolls
and a ton of other ingredients lol

2010-04-22 19.31.03.jpg

I thought the food was Great. I especially liked the beef tips...Tasty!

And thank you to Semi for "I can't post bad pics of Grump, he feeds me" lmao

The brat burgers Saturday were great... and the pulled whatever the meat was in BBQ sauce was good too... that's all I have to say about that!

I drank most of my meals :blush:

Oh yeah and I almost forgot about the Sea Monkeys.. those were WONDERFUL!!!

Last edited:
We are glad we stayed and had supper Friday night with you guys. It was a very tasty meal. Thanks for going to all that trouble cooking.

How did you get the nickname "Grumpy" anyway?

This weeks consumption roughly:

40 quarts of chili, beef, pork, sirloin
60 lbs of steak strips cut into tips
72 lbs of chicken breasts
125 lbs of burger
10 lbs of dogs
49 lbs of pulled pork
13 lbs of pork loin
10 lbs of pasta before cooking
2 pans of salad
about 10 lbs of cheese
2 gallons of bbq sauce
1 gallon of mayo
1 gallon of sour cream
about 35 tomatoes
about 300 hamburger rolls and 2 loafs of texas toast
36 or so hot dog rolls
and a ton of other ingredients lol

DANG!!! What a bunch of BUZZARDS!! Eating that much food!!!:poke: The food was the best of all the Bashes yet! GREAT JOB, Guys!!

Sound like the typically outstanding show. I'm sorry we missed it.

Ive been "Grumpy" for 20 years, started with a waitress at bar...

I can't believe you even need to ask, I can't believe anyone would complain. It was an awesome meal and I am still eating it!

The pulled pork was slow cooked Monday night, Canadian front shoulder bone in pork butts, seasoned and then 12 hours at 200 degrees...

Lol Racer I ate turkey burgers on whole wheat with no sauce or cheese all week, got 5lbs more to go to shut the doctor up as long as the next round of bloodwork comes back ok (Monday), no carbs, no fats, no cholesterol. I have a huge LDL problem and am borderline diabetic blah blah blah, at 244 they said get under 200, been there for like 4 years, last round came back bad he said get to 175, i was at 179 for the Bash, dropped 17 lbs in the last month.

I didnt even try the dressing you went home with...

No beer or malt liquids all week, killed that 750 of Macallans 12 though

Last edited:
All the food was great, Dave!!! Thank you (and Angela) so much for all that you do for the great meals. I'm glad I was able to help out... Can't wait for the next time :thumbsup:

Lol Racer I ate turkey burgers on whole wheat with no sauce or cheese all week, got 5lbs more to go to shut the doctor up as long as the next round of bloodwork comes back ok (Monday), no carbs, no fats, no cholesterol. I have a huge LDL problem and am borderline diabetic blah blah blah, at 244 they said get under 200, been there for like 4 years, last round came back bad he said get to 175, i was at 179 for the Bash, dropped 17 lbs in the last month.

I didnt even try the dressing you went home with...

No beer or malt liquids all week, killed that 750 of Macallans 12 though

No wonder you're Grumpy....lol

Can't thank you guys enough, Great Job.. And Yes the Food was Great.....:beerchug:

My only regret about the food is I didn't try the Chili!!!!!!!!!!! (i'm serious dag nabbit)

My first Bash and I am super amazed at the Friday Dinner. All food was incredible (steak tips were the best to me)

I feel like I owe you and Mrs. a return favor. If your in Edwardsville IL let's hook up for a dinner on me.

Back