What are the actual dates of the bash? Noob ?

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
So, yeah, what are the actual dates? People start arriving when....? But the actual official start of the bash is when...? So like if I was to do the death ride down all in one fell swoop, what would be the best days to try and arrive and see/meet as many pple as possible?

I read that some will be there all week, some later, like what...?

Also, its still sometimes -8 or -9 in the am up here,geez, thats a cold start to a long ride....Brrr

Actual dates are April 22-25, Thursday to Sunday. People will be arriving starting April 18. The best time to catch as many people would be Friday-Saturday. Saturday is the Group picture day around 9am.

I hope you can get a couple of days off work to make the trip enjoyable.

So, yeah, what are the actual dates? People start arriving when....? But the actual official start of the bash is when...? So like if I was to do the death ride down all in one fell swoop, what would be the best days to try and arrive and see/meet as many pple as possible?

I read that some will be there all week, some later, like what...?

Also, its still sometimes -8 or -9 in the am up here,geez, thats a cold start to a long ride....Brrr

what day are you thinking of hauling down? Ace nailed the date range for you, hopefully you are talking about leaving ON around tues/wed so you can actually enjoy the area roads down south, would be rather pointless to haul friday morning all day to turn around and do it again sunday morning (though the start time would be warmer :poke: ).....that is unless you really dig riding on the slab :laugh:

Also, a little less traffic during the week than durign the weekends. There are some that come from a long way away that make a week of it.

Oh, I wish I could make a week of it!! But my job is on call 24/7 so if I don't accept a shift, I lose money so if I am away to long, it ends up costing me bucks that I can ill afford to lose.

I am a contract employee so no paid vacation, health benefits ect ect. Kinda like being self employed I guess. And as a single parent of several, I have financial obligations ,of course.

So superslabbing it? not my first choice but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...Hey, hopefully my bike will sell and I will get my tax return in time and then there won't be quite so much pressure!!

selling your busa? buyin a new one? just buy it in NC and take a flight down :cool:

I'm in the same boat. Not sure if i can make it but if i do it will be done in one fell swoop. I live in michigan and will probably be leaving around noon on friday.

I imagine you'll be heading much the same way...

Look for the busa proudly flying the Canadian flag. I am pretty sure I will be the only one.....

Look for the busa proudly flying the Canadian flag. I am pretty sure I will be the only one.....

Perhaps not, there were a couple guys I believe from Ontario last year. One of them put his GSX650F in the ditch on the Dragon.....I do remember that much. :laugh:

Back