What if I just show up??

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
I would really like to come to the bash this year,thinking about making a superslab 14-15 hour ride all in one day from east of Toronto. Is it possible that if I just arrive that I could flop in someones room or cabin or something?

Is that insufferably rude? I just don't know until the last minute if I can go. I am happy to pay for my accommodations of course. perhaps there will be a no-show of someone who has reserved a spot...is there an area or something when one arrives to find that out?

Thanks all.....

AS long as your not a serial killer or mass murderer. Sorry but there"s no way I"m going to sleep in a motel with a total stranger.

you'll have no problems finding a place to sleep, everyone has floor space if nothing else, though I'm sure you can find a sofa or something if the floor doesnt work ;)

trick is making it down, once you are there it will all work out :)

the microtel in robbinsville still has rooms, i just reserved one yesturday and from the way she talked she has quite a few. go ahead and reserve one, you dont get charged till you check in so if you dont show up then u got no worrys but if u do you got a room! heres the number. 828 479 6772. good luck. were sorta in the same situation. ill be flyin back to base from mojave viper on friday the 23rd then loadin the bike up and leavin to drive 8 hours to make it there early saturday morning probably!

I would really like to come to the bash this year,thinking about making a superslab 14-15 hour ride all in one day from east of Toronto. Is it possible that if I just arrive that I could flop in someones room or cabin or something?

Is that insufferably rude? I just don't know until the last minute if I can go. I am happy to pay for my accommodations of course. perhaps there will be a no-show of someone who has reserved a spot...is there an area or something when one arrives to find that out?

Thanks all.....

I would PM member Platypusfetch, as he's amazingly slabbing it all the way from Peterborough, Ontario. Not sure where that is in relation to you but may be worth a shot. Hope you end up making it!

Last edited:
LOL Some funny posts.

:laugh::rofl::laugh:

We are in the same situation between packing up our old house due to relocation with a new job. Not sure if we can make it until the last moment. If you Google Earth the area, there are lots of places around to stay. Sure you can book a place just before you leave.

Hey Snizz if you happen to be passing through Marietta pm me for my contact info. It's possible I might be on vacation that week but if working the wife will be home. It's about 3 miles from the rest area to my house.
I ain't afraid of no mass murder!

A couple notes for you:

Shouldn't be a problem, we have a couch if needed for the night.

If you get there before 10PM, there will still be people around the firepit at the Phillips. Come by and ask around.

Be careful coming in at night. It's a much different ride at night.

PM me if you need more info, eh!

Shouldn't this (If you get there before 10PM, there will still be people around the firepit at the Phillips. Come by and ask around.) say something more like "if you get there before the sun comes up Gixerhp will still be around the firepit"

Shouldn't this (If you get there before 10PM, there will still be people around the firepit at the Phillips. Come by and ask around.) say something more like "if you get there before the sun comes up Gixerhp will still be around the firepit"

yes but after 10pm he might not know his name much less care about anyone else's :rofl::rofl:

Thanks all.....

Just show up at the Phillips Motel and you will have a place to stay, no one goes hungry or without a place to sleep! It's the Org Busa Bash way..:thumbsup:

Back