Make sure to check your routes -parts of I-40 closed

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Note to I-40 Travelers in the vicinity of Asheville, NC: Both directions of I-40 are closed between Exit 20, West of Asheville in North Carolina, and Exit 421 (I-81 Interchange) East of Knoxville in Tennessee due to a rock slide at mile marker 2.6 on I-40 in North Carolina. The road is not expected to reopen for several months. You can drag your route to avoid this section of highway or use the official NCDOT Detour: Motorists traveling on I-40 West are advised to take Exit 53B, I-240 West. Follow I-240 West to Exit 4A, I-26 West. Follow I-26 West (a North Carolina Scenic Highway) to I-81 South. Take I-81 South and follow back to I-40, Mile Marker 421, in Tennessee. This route is 53 miles longer than I-40. We also recommend visiting the NCDOT Travel site for additional information. For your safety, always obey local construction and detour signs.

Folks coming from east of Asheville shoud not have a problem, the exit (27) is prior to this stuff. Folks coming down I81 or in from the west might need to re-evaluate your route, doubt this will show on your GPS unless you have a traffic link

Is this going to affect us meathead?

Won't affect Tim and I, we are rolling to Raleigh from your house then on from there. Not sure how your group is hauling down, from I-81 yes it could, you would want to get off on I 77 towards Charlotte and then over, otherwise if you take 81 to 40 you might be sitting :laugh:

why cant you call a brother back :poke: :whistle:

huh? busy bro...im traveling either tonight or tomorrow daylight so ill have time to call you then ...and arent we supposed to be following you or something?

huh? busy bro...im traveling either tonight or tomorrow daylight so ill have time to call you then ...and arent we supposed to be following you or something?

Tim and I are haulin down on tuesday :poke: as I recall your butt couldnt leave til thursday :laugh:

Won't affect Tim and I, we are rolling to Raleigh from your house then on from there. Not sure how your group is hauling down, from I-81 yes it could, you would want to get off on I 77 towards Charlotte and then over, otherwise if you take 81 to 40 you might be sitting :laugh:

why cant you call a brother back :poke: :whistle:

Raliegh?? You must be taking the "scenic" route!! :laugh:

Stop in and say hi,...............I work in Raleigh! :thumbsup:

Raliegh?? You must be taking the "scenic" route!! :laugh:

Stop in and say hi,...............I work in Raleigh! :thumbsup:

DANG!!!! I need spellcheck.............spelled Raleigh incorrect the first time,......and correctly the second time. Maybe I'm senile :banghead:

DANG!!!! I need spellcheck.............spelled Raleigh incorrect the first time,......and correctly the second time. Maybe I'm senile :banghead:

Depending on traffic and how long meathead ties us up in MD, we'll be rolling in for dinnerish and then out early the next day. Should be in the RTP area mostly. Once we finalize the route/timing, we'll post up a dinner thread for folks that want to come hang out :thumbsup:

Depending on traffic and how long meathead ties us up in MD, we'll be rolling in for dinnerish and then out early the next day. Should be in the RTP area mostly. Once we finalize the route/timing, we'll post up a dinner thread for folks that want to come hang out :thumbsup:

Cool! I'm on it!!:beerchug:

What day are you guys going to be in Raleigh? Loomis, myself, and possibly WhiteLE are leaving Tuesday afternoon. Maybe we could all caravan down together.

What day are you guys going to be in Raleigh? Loomis, myself, and possibly WhiteLE are leaving Tuesday afternoon. Maybe we could all caravan down together.

Actually I was incorrect .... I believe we are leaving Wed afternoon.

we should be in town april 20th and making the turn to head for Robbinsville wed morning :thumbsup:

That's awesome Brian! Works out just about perfect....a whole gaggle of us trailering down together would make it a bit more fun. I say we make it happen! Let me know if you'll be needing anything while you're in Raleigh :beerchug:

I've also sent Lycan a PM to discuss more w/ him.

That's awesome Brian! Works out just about perfect....a whole gaggle of us trailering down together would make it a bit more fun. I say we make it happen! Let me know if you'll be needing anything while you're in Raleigh :beerchug:

I've also sent Lycan a PM to discuss more w/ him.

cool, well I think unless we just hang around we'll beat you guys out unless you leave early...think we were hoping to get a ride or two in wed afternoon up there.

and meathead (aka Lycan) is coming on thursday last I heard, something about work? :whistle:

My computer had to get a virus a the WRONG time, i missed everything. :banghead: Well, Ill be wherever I am when Im there. Lead the way Brian...

Back