Spring Bash Video from GoPro Hero

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Here we go, my first Youtube video. Video from Thursday. Riders: Me (skydivr), Tufbusa, BrendanP (Aquaman) with Busasmom as pillion; Leo.

Created with Windows Movie Maker (in autocreate mode - worked pretty well!). Camera mounted on exhaust bolt (with RAM mount). Working on other mounting locations now.

Somewhere in this ride is where Leo bought it. Have about 3 more to convert/upload and post. GoPro Hero did a great job!

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
well the image quality is good... a bit heavy on the transitions IMO.. I also have a thing about hearing just the motor.. not a big music video fan :)

I think overall it is a good view :thumbsup: Nice job

:beerchug: But I couldnt really see me touching down... You were getting that knee down bro! :beerchug:

well the image quality is good... a bit heavy on the transitions IMO.. I also have a thing about hearing just the motor.. not a big music video fan :)

I think overall it is a good view :thumbsup: Nice job

www .zip-it.org :whistle:

Last edited:
Working on other mounting locations now.

Keith, have you thought of bolting two small ball mounts to each bar ends & putting a short RAM arm there?

ram_ball_mount_2.jpg

ram_ball_mount_2.jpg

same camera we use on our bikes for my video's i posted up, if you mount camera sideways or even upside down you can use movie maker to rotate them...also after movie maker creats the clips you can select all of them and click combine to put it back to one big video with no clips...works best that way....:beerchug:

Hey, it was quick and easy (I'm at work!) and I wanted to get something up. Once I've played around with this some I'll get better at it.

I got close, but never touched my knee (frustrating!) I keep yelling at the video :cussing: when I watch it

Pashnit, that is a GREAT idea (so if these are on your site, you may have an order soon. One would be enough); I've also again working on mounting a ball off the slider mount. That would be enough to get some different angles and mix it up...

Bogus, yes as Pash says they make a one that's not so wide...I think this one is fine it's just the mounting location could be better. Movie maker edits the clips to match the song length...like I said I've got to work on that some.

djsin, I could have done that, but it would be one long video (hard to upload) and alot of it would have been boring. I was really impressed with how movie maker put it together (for software, not bad)....

Hey, it was quick and easy (I'm at work!) and I wanted to get something up. Once I've played around with this some I'll get better at it.

I got close, but never touched my knee (frustrating!) I keep yelling at the video :cussing: when I watch it

Pashnit, that is a GREAT idea (so if these are on your site, you may have an order soon. One would be enough); I've also again working on mounting a ball off the slider mount. That would be enough to get some different angles and mix it up...

Bogus, yes as Pash says they make a one that's not so wide...I think this one is fine it's just the mounting location could be better. Movie maker edits the clips to match the song length...like I said I've got to work on that some.

djsin, I could have done that, but it would be one long video (hard to upload) and alot of it would have been boring. I was really impressed with how movie maker put it together (for software, not bad)....
off to a good start... I have not even tried video yet... so many choices on camera setups I just gave up until things settled a bit and one camera came out in the lead... the GoPro seems to be making great moves..

Keith, here are some ideas from the last ride. The experimentation continues.

Helmet mount, however, added in pieces from the Hero Expansion kit to get the camera further away from the helmet. Also tried it upside down. That didn't work as it kept bumping against my shoulder. :laugh:

displayimage.php

Gives you a photo like this when you use the photo timer setting

displayimage.php

That's a great shot Pashnit. If all that is holding it on is that little sticky mount, I'd be afraid I'd knock it off for sure.

That's a great shot Pashnit. If all that is holding it on is that little sticky mount, I'd be afraid I'd knock it off for sure.

The double sided sticky tape they've got these day is impressive stuff. The kit comes with several of those mounts. Some flat, some curved. Oddly enough, I couldn't put a mount on the very top of my helmet because the HJC carbon fiber isn't round, but series of ridges. :laugh: So on the side it went. I haven't used those on the bike though. Don't want to stick them to the plastic.

You mentioned the frame sliders. Not sure if this idea is transferrable but here's how I worked with the engine frame bolt. Originally, just had a single ball mount off that bolt, but the RAM mounts can only take so much torsional or rotational stress with regards to the weight of the flexible arm. So bottom one for forward facing shots. Top one for looking up or back.

displayimage.php

Back