Stampede-socal group! Reservation time

Lamb busa

50 warming to 70 again
Donating Member
Registered
Hello all! The time is here to make hotel and travel reservations.

The rides will be posted in this thread for Thurs. July 23rd, Friday July 24th, Sunday July 26th, and Monday July 27th. The hotels where the group will be staying will be posted, and a time frame of the rides. The last thread started by Lamb got to be a mess, and is hard to follow. So a new one was started and we will try to condense the info a lil better.

Please don't be shy about riding up to the stampede with this group. The pace will be leisurely as most of us socal guys don't know our way around these roads well enough to tear em up anyway. All road intersections will be regrouping spots if someones pace is slower than the group. Keep in mind that from Bakersfield all the way north to Reno we are taking the road less traveled. There is very lil freeway or space to open her up into the upper triple digits.

• Thurs. July 23rd please make your reservations at the Best Western in Clovis. 415 Clovis Ave., Clovis Ca. 93612 (559)299-1547.
  • Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night will be spent at the host hotel, the Peppermill,
  • Monday night the 27th of July we will be spending the night at the Best Western in Tulare, Ca. 1051 N. Blackstone st. Tulare, Ca. 93274 (559)688-7537. Tulare Ca. is located some 50 miles or so north of Bakersfield and should make for a short jaunt home on Tuesday the 28th.

If you are in the central Ca. area and would like to ride to Reno on the 24th of July. Please meet us at the Best Western in Clovis. We would love to have you join the group, as Fri. is expected to be one of the great rides through the lil dragon and across the high Sierra to meet up with our chaperones in Markleeville for our ride to the Peppermill.

OK! Now for the Thurs. 23rd of July ride plan and map.

Anyone coming from San Diego, yeah right, hit me up and we'll find a meeting spot along the I-5 to proceed northerly to the Shell station at Junipero Serra rd. San Juan Capistrano. 7:00AM Devil dog will be waiting and the trip is on.

Shell station at 11278 Laurel Canyon blvd., San Fernando, ca. 91340 will be the LA meeting spot. 9:00 is the intended meet time. 9:15 is the intended launch time. Lamb chose this sight because it is right off the freeway and is north enough to be able to stop one time to pick up all the La, OC guys. Hope this is OK. Everyone has had plenty of time to give their feedback, and since there was none, this is the plan.:poke::laugh:
Bakersfield is next. Shell gas station 8200 Kimber Avenue, Bakersfield, CA, 93307-0000. The launch time from this locale is noon! NOON is the launch time.
Kernville at 1:00
Exeter at 2:00 Shell station 19558 Avenue 296, Exeter, CA, 93221 loose time 2:15. Please PM Lamb if you wish to meet here. It would be nice to know to expect you. From here the group will travel out east some and ride the Emperors hwy before heading west again to the Best western Clovis. Details were in the first post. Expected time for the Clovis destination is 5:30. This is the longest day of the journey, but the hopes of getting 1 and a half hours to recharge in Bakersfield, should make this doable. There is no time frame for the arrival in Clovis as we have all day to finish this ride. OK! Now for the map.

Harley-Davidson - Ride Planner - Shared Ride Plan

Last edited:
:popcorn:

Well done, Lamb...please do go on.

Last edited:
OK! Now for Friday the 24th of July. This is the day we pull into Reno. 5:00 is the target time. Lamb would love it to be earlier but there is alot of ground to cover and we are on a leisurely pace, although with a destination in mind. So let's get on with it.

• Gas at the Shell station right near the hotel. The address is in the first post. The group needs to leave the hotel by 8:00. Again, we would love for the locals to come out and ride to this great event with the socal guys.
  • Shell station in Mariposa 3441 Woodland dr. Mariposa, ca. 95338 ETA- 10:30 This station is just south of the famed "lil dragon", a must do that Lamb has yet to do.
  • Angels Camp at 2:00. This is the town where we start the trip over the sierra nevada mountains. Snowed in for the winter and 2 lanes of blacktop and solitude for 80 or so miles.
  • Markleeville 3:30-4:00 This is where we will meet CCbusa for the guided tour of south Tahoe and ride to the Peppermill parking lot.
  • Peppermill 5:00-6:00 The time is dependent on how the group feels. We could go the straighter route from Markleeville to the peppermill or stay on the less travelled ones. The time to assess that will be on that day.
Now for the map.

Sat. the 25th of July is the stampede day of organized rides and food and awards ceremony, so Lamb need not plan a ride for this day as they are already done for us.

Moving on to the next day Sunday the 26th of July. Lassen Volcano national park is the destination. Elevations in the 10,000 feet plateau where the temp. will reach upwards of 45 degrees. This will be quite welcome after the intense heat of Reno in July. This day is not particularly long, so Lamb would like to lick his beer wounds for a few minutes in the morning and not leave til maybe 10:00 or so. It is basically a loop to the volcano returning to the Peppermill only after visiting the Stampede dam. There is no time frame on this one, as the launch time is quite liquid at this point. The time frame says 8 hours, but there is many routes here and the locals have assured us that they won't get lost and know some awesome trails.
Here is some map

Now for the return trip home. Travelling south out of Reno on the 395 to Bridgeport where the group will travel back west across the Sierra Nevadas using a more southernly route that will take us to the lil dragon yet again. Riding the lil dragon southbound and following our footsteps past Clovis to the Tulare Best Western. Info in the opening post. This day is 352 miles. From Tulare, both the LA, OC guys and SD peeps will have only a 200-300 mile day of freeways to get home on Tuesday. Tulare is only 80 miles or so from Bakersfield and the thought was to make the trip as short as possible on Tuesday, cause this tour could be a butt burner. Here's the map.

Please PM Lamb if you plan on meeting along the route. Either in LA, OC, Bakersfield, Exeter, Clovis, Mariposa, Markleeville, Wherever......... please. The time frames are there to help you and us get an idea of when we will be rolling through your area.

A well organized plan Lamb! Good job!! :thumbsup:
When Pacemaster and I meet you guys in Markleville, the two routes available that will take you to the Peppermill are as follows:
1. Markleville to hwy 88, northeast to hwy 395, straight shot through Minden, Carson City and into Reno..........approx 1hr 30min - 67 miles.
OR the more scenic route that includes a sprinkling of somewhat tame twisties that meander around the east side of Lake Tahoe, depending on how tired and/or pressed for time you all are-
2. Markleville to hwy 88, westerly to hwy 89, up and over Luther Pass and down into South Lake Tahoe. Pioneer Trail (summer vacation traffic) bypass to hwy 50, along the east side of Tahoe and down Spooner Summit into Carson City. 395 north into Reno..............approx 2hrs 30min - 115 miles.

Jimbo

Shell station at 11278 Laurel Canyon blvd., San Fernando, ca. 91340 will be the LA meeting spot. 9:00 is the intended meet time. 9:15 is the intended launch time.

That Shell station is unbelievably awesome. I'll be there about a half-hour early to bask in it's sheer blinding awesomeness. :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Shell station at 11278 Laurel Canyon blvd., San Fernando, ca. 91340 will be the LA meeting spot. 9:00 is the intended meet time. 9:15 is the intended launch time.

That Shell station is unbelievably awesome. I'll be there about a half-hour early to bask in it's sheer blinding awesomeness. :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Sweet!

What is so awesome?

It's one of those places where when you pull up the skies part, revealing the blinding, golden light of God to those that are lucky enough to be chosen. I mean "awesome" in the biblical, tears in your eyes, all-powerful feeling of self-nothingness that can only come when the Gods bear their all-seeing eyes upon your fragile human frame.

It's a hell of a gas station.

It's one of those places where when you pull up the skies part, revealing the blinding, golden light of God to those that are lucky enough to be chosen. I mean "awesome" in the biblical, tears in your eyes, all-powerful feeling of self-nothingness that can only come when the Gods bear their all-seeing eyes upon your fragile human frame.

:rofl:...my eyes are watering now......

OMG...:rofl: Classic!!!

Ten years or so from now, you kids will think back and say, "that WAS an awesome site", as you start your electric shooter and silently roll on down the road! ???

YO YO BIG LAMB I am rolling there with you leaving thursday....i have to do the home ride solo though schedule doesnt permit the great ride home.
SCAR has my cell --i am excited to see your new BUSA

Back