shorten 530 chain

boosted

Registered
A buddy of mine is going to ride over with me to the bash this weekend and asked me if anyone there had a chain cutter. He wants to shorten his wheel base an 1" or 2"

If I make it to the bash, I will have my tools. Just make sure you have another master link.

If he has a standard length swingarm this could be dangerous.
The clearance between the tire and the swingarm is not very much.
At high speeds the tire expands outwards (check a top fueler when it does a burnout - WOW).
Barry Sheen had a crash a long time ago that was attributed to the tire expanding at speed and rubbing the swingarm. He had bias ply tires, but at 200 mph that tire wants to expand outwards and wants to hit that swingarm.
My advice is to keep it a distance away that you feel safe, as if it rubs at high speed you will be down (and probably out)

JMO

Last edited:
If he has a standard length swingarm this could be dangerous.
The clearance between the tire and the swingarm is not very much.
At high speeds the tire expands outwards (check a top fueler when it does a burnout - WOW).
Barry Sheen had a crash a long time ago that was attributed to the tire expanding at speed and rubbing the swingarm. He had bias ply tires, but at 200 mph that tire wants to expand outwards and wants to hit that swingarm.
My advice is to keep it a distance away that you feel safe, as if it rubs at high speed you will be down (and probably out)

JMO
It's a turbo busa at 65 ins and at 400 hp He's blowing the tire off at 150 mph+...I told him He's to long for the street and would hook bettor at around 62.5 or 63 ins. Theres a group of turbo bikes coming {4} this Sat. Should be interesting in those tight curves...Well all have the boost turned down...LOL

Back