Fall Bash 2008 Sept 26th-28th

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Once again our host hotel will be the Phillips Motel in Robbinsville.

Phillips Motel

I just spoke to Reba(7-8-08) and she is full. People still needing a room can check with the Microtel right down the street.

For the newbies to the Bash and the Deals Gap area, for more local info:

Tail of the Dragon

Every year, we seem to out do the previous in number of attendees and fun had by the fire pit.  

For those who made "Spring Bash", Comments would sure be nice concerning food, rides and what you think was good, bad, non-existent or just needs "tweaked" (we have some ideas pending)

It is also time to start getting a "count" on how many are going to dine at the Busa Cafe

Dave (DNGrump) has suggested we formalize the food program a bit and I tend to agree.. With the costs of food and supplies well over $1000, it is like a runaway train.. (and will most certainly be higher due to food costs for Fall bash) I think we managed to server at least 125 meals...

We did come very close to breaking even and MANY MANY thanks to MC Mustang for making sure this happened!!

What we would like to do is see what kind of budget for food people would find acceptable per meal. After we figure this part out, we can set the menu..  (I think Spring bash would have run about $10 per meal)

So in short, tell us what you liked, disliked, would like added and how many nights you would dine at the Phillips (we know a few prefer Hardy's burgers to our steaks)

for those who forget like myself, here is a basic rundown of what we had... (what I remember)

Orange chicken
Teriyaki chicken
Spicy chicken
Wings

Teriyaki beef
Marinated Sirloin steaks
Beef Stew
Beef Kabobs
Hamburgers

Brat Burgers

Salads..
Nachos
Chips
dips

Drinks
Paper products

In the past Zukracer was preparing registration packets a couple of years ago...

If I remember right, there was a $30 or $40 fee that included meals, area maps, photo and might have been a shirt or something...

The difficulties with that are coordinating the logistics of the packages like:
Determining what should go in them
Putting whatever it is together

It is a good idea to have something worked out so that noone is stuck footing the bill for everyone... I think the Bash events are getting big enough that maybe we can start looking at pulling volunteers to handle certain aspects like committees

Maybe have one for food, one for raffles, one for donations one for rides/routes, etc...

I for one, HATE handling money. The best thing about donations is that they happen on site, so all that has to happen is money being divvied up; but with so many people going now, no one should be out of pocket ofr providing things like pins/shirts/hats/food, etc.

Just my .02

I will be there Thursday - Sunday and so will Ronnie, Busabluega. The food was great so whatever is decided is good with us.

Darrell (DocDrop) and I will be there Thurs-Sunday (pulling in LATE Wednesday/ early Thursday, leaving early Sunday morning)... We are in the Phillips.... $10 a meal is fine for us... we'll even Pre-Pay if it will help out with BUYING all the goodies.

I liked the pasta salads, the burgers, I didn't get to try the Chicken but I heard it was good.. and the stew
drools.gif

Since the weather may be alittle cooler, we might consider chili or other Warm ya Up type stuff.

We'll be bringin the Banana Juice!

I like the Banana Juice!! LCB and I have plans to be there...I don't mind chipping in ahead of time if need be, and I'm fine with paying as I go...

Everything was great, so no complaints here...I don't think we'll need as much for the fall Bash; it's not as big of an affair - yet
beerchug.gif

In the past Zukracer was preparing registration packets a couple of years ago...

If I remember right, there was a $30 or $40 fee that included meals, area maps, photo and might have been a shirt or something...

The difficulties with that are coordinating the logistics of the packages like:
Determining what should go in them
Putting whatever it is together

It is a good idea to have something worked out so that noone is stuck footing the bill for everyone... I think the Bash events are getting big enough that maybe we can start looking at pulling volunteers to handle certain aspects like committees

Maybe have one for food, one for raffles, one for donations one for rides/routes, etc...

I for one, HATE handling money. The best thing about donations is that they happen on site, so all that has to happen is money being divvied up; but with so many people going now, no one should be out of pocket ofr providing things like pins/shirts/hats/food, etc.

Just my .02
all for it... We have at this point 90 days to pull it all together in some sort of "orderly" fashion.. I would use "Fall Bash" as a test run for the larger "Spring Bash"...

So we will need help on at least:

Steering and finance group (perhaps find some commercial sponsors?)
Food
Rides/Routes
Raffles and Events

For their time and effort... volunteers might say get a new hayabusa?
smile.gif

Good stuff here..... keep it coming

I would think if we open a registration site by say.. August 1, it should give us plenty of time to figure out the numbers? comments?

I like the idea of the registration package. With that, it reduces the amount of money any organizers have to shell out up front.

I also like Jules' suggestion of chili. Soups, stews and salads are good because they're bulk and easier to manage for large crowds.

How many attendees have contacts in foodservice? That makes it possible to buy in bulk and get better prices.

I think some people, including VABUSA, are interested in a ride to Bridal Veil Falls. I would be happy to lead the ride.

Bridal_Veil.jpg

I like the idea of the registration package. With that, it reduces the amount of money any organizers have to shell out up front.

I also like Jules' suggestion of chili. Soups, stews and salads are good because they're bulk and easier to manage for large crowds.

How many attendees have contacts in foodservice? That makes it possible to buy in bulk and get better prices.
We have 2 sources for food purchases at "wholesale" this should help...

The pre-reg should almost completely eliminate the "out of pocket" expenses for the people supplying products.. (at least I hope so, I know that Shawn was pretty stressed about having to deal with the money side of this but it was more than helpful, he saved our day)

I think the "Rides" are going to need some "Steering" personally... appropriate groups, limited numbers etc to keep rider parity...

A lot of guys do not ride these types of roads except for at bash... they really need to be protected to some extent... This should be a new thread and some feedback from our A and B riders....

I'm planning on being there. Count me in for a pre-pay and/or donating onsite.
thumb_up.gif

I think some people, including VABUSA, are interested in a ride to Bridal Veil Falls. I would be happy to lead the ride.
Dayum - I would love to go, but right now, don't know if I will have Violet with me
sad.gif

Shoot at the rate my knee is going, I'll be lucky to ride by then
crazy.gif

Oh - I just talked with the Phillips and they are just about FULL!!! It seems that our group is taking over the place!

Anyway, if you're thinking about going, best call them now and get your room reserved!!

Like any event, the bigger it gets, the more organization you need. A packet purchase is a great idea for food/shirt/pics/etc. Meal vouchers could be in the form of a wrist band if needed. Zuk was trying to get it together for 06 Bash, but had little luck/time to pull it off. I think he actually ran into opposition. Would've saved time calling NY for info on Jimmy if we had a central packet with pertinant info. on site!

Pre-pay or pay on spot. As long as those who provide aren't left in debt!

I want to go to the falls too Don, but don't think I'm making the Fall Bash.

We plan to arrive last Wednesday evening and leave Sunday.
woot.gif

Back