Photographers at the Gap

vman1300

Never Forgotten
Someone asked for a list of the people shooting on the side of the road.

www.killboy.com

www.dragonslayerphotos.com

www.moonshinephoto.com

www.zeefoto.com

www.fotonorm.com

And Moonshine Photo has their pics loaded from the weekend now.

Vman - I edited your link to fotonorm's new addy... MCM

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG|1178371059-->

Note: this is an old thread from 2007, just to show the links to the photographers that are there.

I did not see fotonorm there this year......

(ZX-11 @ May 01 2007,07:03) Hey vman,  enjoyed the bash how do we get our money to you for the cd ?
The pic DVD is $5. Shoot me a pm with your address and I will get you a paypal address.

Hi,

I am fotonorm.com are fotos are already posted at fotonorm.photoreflect.com.I tried to get some different views hope U like them.

D

(fotonorm @ May 01 2007,08:20) Hi,

I am fotonorm.com are fotos are already posted at fotonorm.photoreflect.com.I tried to get some different views hope U like them.

D
Thanks, somone told me your site and I just could not remember it.

I am at the Gap alot and I dont ever remember seeing you there before.

(vman1300 @ May 01 2007,05:22)

D
Thanks, somone told me your site and I just could not remember it.

I am at the Gap alot and I dont ever remember seeing you there before.
V,

I am The new kid on the block moved to north carolina this year.

D

(fotonorm @ May 01 2007,08:36) V,

I am The new kid on the block moved to north carolina this year.

D
I am there all the time, I will stop by and say hello next time.

And welcome to the .oRg, make yourself at home!

Thanks for the links Kevin....I couldn't remember them all!
bowdown.gif

D
A couple of rants....why does every photographer have the "zoom feature" turned off in thier galleries? With SO MANY rides out there, and in some cases "less than perfect pictures" it is difficult to tell some riders apart.
I could think I am ordering 3 pics of myself...but wind up 15.00 of high-rez joe schmoe!
ENABLE THE ZOOM!....and watermark them if you have to.

I am sorry...but who in their right minds is going to pay 5.00 PER PICTURE on a CD?

It appears as though most of the photographers use PhotoReflect as their store portal...and only one listed a pro-rated pricing based on the number of pictures you want on the CD.

For digital media, where there is no cost or additional labor (or skill for that matter) involved in getting the photo onto a CD and in the mail..... A 5.00 price for 1~10 pics...then 10.00 for 11~25 pics....25.00 for 21~50 pics.....etc would attract a lot more buyers and only cost a few more "drag and drops" to the disc.
The picure is there...and if taken properly...wouldn't require editing.............
so what am I missing?

If you sell more pictures at a lower cost but maintain the quality....doesn't that trump waiting for someone to come along that thinks 5.00 is fair for a single pic on a CD that could hold hundreds?

If they wanted to cut costs...then why not offer the lower cost option of getting the selected photo via FTP? This would save the costs of both media and postage...and the risk of loss/damage.
You pay a small service charge....a picture is placed in a specifically coded folder for a person who is sent an email with a password and link to access/download it....after the file(s) is/are accessed or 7 days, the folder is deleted.

rant.gif

I am sure Photoreflect services come at a price. Some one has to pay the band width usage so we can see the shots. Not to mention the thousands of $$$$$$ of equipment, time, the countless hours of sorting the shots into different groups, lots to be considered.

I know for some what started as a hobby is now a full time job. Professional photography, especially high quality motorsport work does not come cheap.

If I like a photo, I have no problem paying $5.00/ shot........

Keep up the great work all you do in providing photos that want to have a shot or three.

Yeah, and kudos for the guys/gals that sit along those roads all day to get the shots. Their time is worth something as well. So many pass through the Dragon never knowing photographers are there, so it's a bonus for them to head home and log in, find a shot of themselves and buy it...

bowdown.gif

I didn't mean to put off anyone doing the work or to knock their efforts...
it just seems that everyone seems to be offering the same "cookie-cutter" format.... not offering any alternatives to set themselves apart.

I know their are certain expenses in getting the operation out there...but you have to agree that there is minimal overhead in what they do.... and all the hardware and vehicles they use are eventually written off on the taxes.

Getting your bills paid by shooting pix all day? I could think of worse ways to live.
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

(BusaCruise @ May 01 2007,12:50) I didn't mean to put off anyone doing the work or to knock their efforts...
it just seems that everyone seems to be offering the same "cookie-cutter" format.... not offering any alternatives to set themselves apart.
No worries man.

I know how much Darryl has invested in equipment and it is mind boggling, we thing modding a motorcycle is expensive, try modding a camera, lol.

Hi,

I am dave of photonorm I tried to take some differnt kind of shots down under the bridge for example I am willing to make deal with the hayabusa club if someone will buy all the photos of the hayabusas I took during your bash I will offer a life time discount to the club.

Dave

i sent ya a pm with my new address. the one wrote down in the bash is not valid anymore
all_coholic.gif

Thanks for the link info Kevin! I can't wait until everyone has all the pics posted from the weekend!!! I have already made plans to sit here with a couple of drinks, music blaring and looking at pics all night!!!!
beerchug.gif
BTW....it was a pleasure meeting you and I had an AWESOME time! (Even though I didn't bring my bike) Can't wait 'til next spring when we can all hang and ride again!!!!

Back