Lessons Learned?

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Okay,
For consideration:
1. What did you bring that you really didn't need?
2. What didn't you bring that you really wish you would have?
3. What maintenance would you have done before coming out?
4. Any mods (comfort/performance) did you wish you had done?
5. How could the Photo Shoot have been better?
6. How could the raffles have been better?
7. Where would you stay for the next bash and why?
8. The Dragon, Cherohola, Blood Mt, etc. Which is the better ride? Skill level?
9. Souveniers? Any that you wish you would have snagged?
10. Riding to and from; pros/cons?
11. Open or closed trailer?
12. Shirts, hats, pins, etc - what makes the bst mementos?

These are just a few general questions for the members, new and old so that we might all be a little better prepared for the next time out. What do you all think? Please feel free to add to the questions if there is something that I missed.

MCM

Hey MC,
I will tell you how #5 could have been better, If I had been there and in it.
Sounds like you guys, and gals, Had some fun down there.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Okay,
For consideration:
1.  What did you bring that you really didn't need?
2.  What didn't you bring that you really wish you would have?
3.  What maintenance would you have done before coming out?
4.  Any mods (comfort/performance) did you wish you had done?
5.  How could the Photo Shoot have been better?
6.  How could the raffles have been better?
7.  Where would you stay for the next bash and why?
8.  The Dragon, Cherohola, Blood Mt, etc.  Which is the better ride? Skill level?
9.  Souveniers?  Any that you wish you would have snagged?
11. Open or closed trailer?
12. Shirts, hats, pins, etc - what makes the bst mementos?

These are just a few general questions for the members, new and old so that we might all be a little better prepared for the next time out.  What do you all think?  Please feel free to add to the questions if there is something that I missed.

MCM
1. cold weather gear.. better safe than sorry
2. MORE HOOCH
3. Figured out what that dang CLICKING noise it... so it didn't drive me nuts all weekend
4. cruise control
5. if it hadn't rained... it was great otherwise.. liked lining up by color... made a good impact
6. more stuff.... but it was great! I WON something!
7. Phillips.... walking back to the Microtel got old.
8. I liked Hwy 28 to the Dam (Don's fave. road).. dragons was an experience.. but not really ENJOYABLE... I like looking at the scenery.
9. gotta have the sticker.. even got a patch and a magnet.. oh yeah and T-shirts.... pics are the best souveneirs
10. long drive... but worth it
11. ENCLOSED.... keeps the TP monster away!
12. Love the shirts.. and ESPECIALLY the hoodies! (maybe get a patch going too)

I know I was a newbie at this.. but I had so much fun and I really learned a lot on this trip... I feel like a better rider now.

Shawn,
Here are my answers
smile.gif

1) Nothing. Used it all on the trip (except for an extra shirt)
2) Enough cash!
smile.gif
Dang, $20 here, $20 there adds up! Seriously though - a better luggage system than my duffle bag strapped to a Corbin seat and backrest.
3) I did it - changed the tires. I did have Wheeler's adjust the suspension - great idea Kevin!!
4) Not really. Was happy with the setup. I am looking at Galfer SS lines and disks though.
5) A little shorter to organize. It was pretty hot out there and a lot of standing around. That was a small price to pay though for all the work you guys did! (Wanted to get more riding in!)
6) GET OUT OF THE ROAD! (you saw that coming right?). Ok, well if I won something, that would have been cool.
beerchug.gif

7) Try to get the Phillips (even though it seems problematic) so I don't have to drink and ride
all_coholic.gif
That seemed to be the defacto meeting area.
8) If you haven't done the Dragon, I think you should just to say you did. Although it is a bit tricky the first time. The Skyway was a nice ride just cruising. All the other roads were nice (don't know what they were - Thanks to Brian and Rock for showing me around!)
9) Got the Busa Bash pin and a H.org shirt. I'm happy! (oh and a shot glass too!)
10) Riding to the Bash - none really except the long hours. Drive back - dang rain! I was soaked to the bone three times! Thankfully Joe was able to guide me there and Rock back home
11) Trailer? What's that?
12) Shirts to me are best. I like pins, but they are more collectible. Shirts are practical and you can wear them all the time! Maybe a special item like a neck warmer would be cool..

Additional questions:
a) What is a good number of riders for a group? Separate out by Skyway, Dragon, Thunder Mountain, etc.
b) How do we 'measure' the skill of a rider so we can group properly?
c) Would you donate to the org for the services provided for free? (throttle syncing, tires, etc)? My answer: Yes, there should be a small donation to the org.
d) How can we get the members to mingle with each other? Especially the first timers who do not know everyone?
e) Food was abundant, but beverages (even just water or sodas) seemed hard to come by. I suppose I could have just hopped on the Busa and got some and I'm just complaining....

Thanks Shawn! Awesome job to all!
beerchug.gif

smile.gif

beerchug.gif

he's in your grill again jules  
laugh.gif

1.  What did you bring that you really didn't need?  not this time
2.  What didn't you bring that you really wish you would have?  rain gear
3.  What maintenance would you have done before coming out?  flush radiator
4.  Any mods (comfort/performance) did you wish you had done? GTG
5.  How could the Photo Shoot have been better?  GTG
6.  How could the raffles have been better?  GTG
7.  Where would you stay for the next bash and why?  Microtel  did'nt like the double booking at the philips
8.  The Dragon, Cherohola, Blood Mt, etc.  Which is the better ride? Skill level?
9.  Souveniers?  Any that you wish you would have snagged?  coffee cup for the wife
10. Riding to and from; pros/cons?  Long ride from the house
11. Open or closed trailer?  either would have been good
12. Shirts, hats, pins, etc - what makes the bst mementos?  shirts

the only regret I have is not going to blood mountain with ted. Maybe next time.

1. What did you bring that you really didn't need? nothing
2. What didn't you bring that you really wish you would have? nothing
3. What maintenance would you have done before coming out? clean chain
4. Any mods (comfort/performance) did you wish you had done? none
5. How could the Photo Shoot have been better? not sure but it sure took a long time
6. How could the raffles have been better? nothing I think they worked great
7. Where would you stay for the next bash and why? phillips, I like the amount of room and the parking situation we have with all our vehicles
8. The Dragon, Cherohola, Blood Mt, etc. Which is the better ride? Skill level? Blood Mountain is AWESOME. Skill Level would be similar to the skyway. The asphalt is awesome, scenery is great, and the curves have a perfect balance of tight and sweepers.
9. Souveniers? Any that you wish you would have snagged? I was looking for a certain sticker and couldn't find it.
11. Open or closed trailer? Closed all the way. Keeps your ride out of the elements as well as keeping your stuff dry.
12. Shirts, hats, pins, etc - what makes the bst mementos? shirts

1.  What did you bring that you really didn't need?Nothing2.  
What didn't you bring that you really wish you would have?Nothing3.  
What maintenance would you have done before coming out?Nothing
4.  Any mods (comfort/performance) did you wish you had done?Lowered bike an inch
5.  How could the Photo Shoot have been better?Great for me
6.  How could the raffles have been better?Wish I had won, but racerv hooked me up (thanks John)
7.  Where would you stay for the next bash and why?Phillips, since it's the gathering spot.
8.  The Dragon, Cherohola, Blood Mt, etc.  Which is the better ride? Skill level? Cherahola was awesome
9.  Souveniers?  Any that you wish you would have snagged?Nope got em all
10. Riding to and from; pros/cons? Dont drive through the Dragon with my truck
11. Open or closed trailer?Open, is spite of the TP monsters
12. Shirts, hats, pins, etc - what makes the bst mementos? Shirts & hats but you cant beat the pics.
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

Truely no complaints though since everyone that organized things did such a great job
beerchug.gif

All I am going to say is Shawn now I know you are a true military man "LESSON LEARNED" LOL!!! HA THE GOOD OL DAYS!!!! Keep up the Great Work man Hope every one had a great time at the Bash hope to get there one of these days.

Keep Doug and his Jägermeister away from me...that's all I learned
rofl.gif

Just to add something to the list...

I would like a discussion about Safety Goals for the group. Lets make it a Goal to have an uneventful BASH. ZERO get offs... That's the goal. We need to seriously talk about it and live it. If we keep having these shots on goal, one of these days the ball is going to the back of the net (analogy from my soccer days. In other words its just a matter of time until you have a serious serious casualty.

I was a shot on goal (Spring Bash 2007), I ran out of talent and throw my bike in the ditch, I wasn't hurt, but it wasn't fun either.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt at these events, we can all have fun and do it safely. But we have to talk about it, we have to internalize it, we have to live it.

Ok, I will get off my soapbox now...

I would like a discussion about Safety Goals for the group.  Lets make it a Goal to have an uneventful BASH.  ZERO get offs... That's the goal.  We need to seriously talk about it and live it.  If we keep having these shots on goal, one of these days the ball is going to the back of the net (analogy from my soccer days.  In other words its just a matter of time until you have a serious serious casualty.

I was a shot on goal (Spring Bash 2007), I ran out of talent and throw my bike in the ditch, I wasn't hurt, but it wasn't fun either.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt at these events, we can all have fun and do it safely.  But we have to talk about it, we have to internalize it, we have to live it.

Acually Ted, great comment. I had a conversation with Rich (BA) about riding group sizes, skill level and chalk talks... might need to refine that - GREAT GOAL!

I would like a discussion about Safety Goals for the group.  Lets make it a Goal to have an uneventful BASH.  ZERO get offs... That's the goal.  We need to seriously talk about it and live it.  If we keep having these shots on goal, one of these days the ball is going to the back of the net (analogy from my soccer days.  In other words its just a matter of time until you have a serious serious casualty.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt at these events, we can all have fun and do it safely.  But we have to talk about it, we have to internalize it, we have to live it.

Powers that is a great point to bring up man but only thing is you have so many riders from so many different back grounds not to mention throwing the Dragon in the mix. What people do not realize is that trying to slay the Dragon is not as easy at what they think and people get caught up in the moment and ride above their skill level. People need to really stop and think and use their heads when on the Dragon. I am sure Kevin and all those guys that ride the Dragon on a weekly basis can tell you that 90% of all the accidents on that road are because people are riding above their skill set people just need to understand what their skill set is and then commit to it and they would have a much better time and safer ride on the Dragon.

Back