What To Do About Raingear?

Jaddie

Registered
Dear Friends

I don't know whether to purchase some rain gear or not for the Bash. I hate riding in the rain. It's dangerous and gets the bike nasty. When putt-putting around the house, I can make reasonably sure I don't get caught in the rain, but if we're going on any hundred-mile rides from Robbinsville, I'm guessing we need some sort of rain gear. If I get some rain gear, I'll have to bungie it to the passenger seat or buy a tail trunk and put it in there.

What are y'all going to do, hope for the best and prepare for the worst, or take your chances?

OK man common sense here BUY RAIN GEAR!!! And what is up with the Dear all the time this board is pretty infomal you know that right?
whistling.gif

Dear Adam & Friends

Okay. I reckon I'll have to buy some rain gear. This is an awfully expensive hobby, but not nearly as expensive as photography (well, at least from my respective levels of commitment and participation).

I like to begin my messages with a salutation so it's clear whom I'm addressing. I like good writing. I'm not a very good writer, but I try.

Thanks for responding so quickly to my question. I'll probably buy a two-piece suit, something to go over my boots, and a tailtrunk to stow it.

Jaddie, depending on what kind of rain gear you get, you can stuff it in a tank bag.

I say I rode for 8 hours last year in pouring rain to get to bash..... BEAUTIFUL after we got there
laugh.gif
Doyle was hauling the mail and was all I could do to catch him..

(I keep mine in my hump, a WalMart 2 piece suit I got for $20 and it doubles as a "cold weather" over coat for my leathers)

you can generally find the weather to be consistant most days, if it starts off raining, its going to rain a bit. The other problem is there are several sides of the ranges to look at, depends on where you are riding

bottom line, never hurts to have it (bring it with you) and no one really likes riding in it
beerchug.gif
you'll find that if you wait through a few short showers you'll have good riding weather. Typical mountain environments
cool.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
Rayabusa0818 @ Apr. 14 2008 said:
1374205[/ATTACH] PM]
Dear Jaddie:

Bring raingear!
Dear Randy

Why would you say that
laugh.gif

Don
Dear Don:

I remember, about 2 years ago in Robbinsville.

I see this guy in the doorway of my suite at the Phillips - its raining like a cow pi**in on a flat rock and I have decided NOT to ride, its too nasty out!

He says "well, guess we will get in some rainy weather riding today".

6 hours later I had ridden in the rain for 5 hours!

I still have no idea what that ride through Gatlinburg looked like, I was SOAKED and my shield never shook the fog! All I remember was at the END of the ride, we came to Robbinsville from the other side of the Dragon - again IN THE RAIN!

Dear Jaddie, BRING RAINGEAR  
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I'll put my cheap walmart suit in either my tank bag or the bag strapped to the rear seat.
beerchug.gif

just take a plastic bag to put your clothes in when it starts raining and ride naked
laugh.gif
sorry, i had been good too long

seriously though, you might as well go ahead and invest in some rain gear if you ever plan on getting very far from home...being caught out in the rain and still having several hours of riding to go is not a place you want to find yourself!!
beerchug.gif

Other things to consider:

Robbinsville Averages:

April 24

AVERAGES
Hi 71°F
Lo 42°F

RECORDS
Hi 87°F
Lo 28°F

April 25

AVERAGES
Hi 71°F
Lo 42°F

RECORDS
Hi 87°F
Lo 25°F

April 26

AVERAGES
Hi 71°F
Lo 42°F

RECORDS
Hi 89°F
Lo 27

There is a wide range of possibilities
smile.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
Rayabusa0818 @ Apr. 14 2008 said:
1374264[/ATTACH] PM]
Dear Jaddie:

Bring raingear!
Dear Randy

Why would you say that
laugh.gif

Don
Dear Don:

I remember, about 2 years ago in Robbinsville.

I see this guy in the doorway of my suite at the Phillips - its raining like a cow pi**in on a flat rock and I have decided NOT to ride, its too nasty out!

He says "well, guess we will get in some rainy weather riding today".

6 hours later I had ridden in the rain for 5 hours!

I still have no idea what that ride through Gatlinburg looked like, I was SOAKED and my shield never shook the fog! All I remember was at the END of the ride, we came to Robbinsville from the other side of the Dragon - again IN THE RAIN!

Dear Jaddie, BRING RAINGEAR  
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif
Dear Randy,

You forgot to mention the "helpful" Harley Shop in Gatlinburg
laugh.gif

Your friend

Don

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

laugh.gif

So your saying to dress in layers..............I got it!
beerchug.gif
Thanks Don. Wondered about the weather up there.

Get an all in i suit that rolls up into a bum bag whwn its fastened to your waist you dont know its there

Back