Law Enforcement on the Dragon

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
That was such a hot topic for months, but I haven't heard much since...

I'm still sporting the illegally mounted tag and don't intend to change it...who's got bail $ to spring Michelle from the Big House?!
laugh.gif

Seriously, are they still hassling anyone on two wheels?

Not much has been happening during the winter, but the scuttlebut is that the THP has received another $175,000 grant for stepped up enforcement and will probably be back in the spring
rock.gif

Goodness, I would think the revenue generated from the hotels, resturants, etc. would outwieght what they write in tickets. Its about the dollar, has to be.
pissed.gif

well i'd say just stay away from the "focus" roads on the weekend and you will be just fine. I'm rethinking some ideas for an organized Sat. ride after the photo shoot
cool.gif
Don, you just got a PM about it
beerchug.gif

I was surprised to hear from the Ducati shop that I take Caesar to that my tags are OK. I've avoided having them inspect it since I bought it for that very reason, then they said "well, we'd pass that, but you do need to put lights on the tags", so I do have lights ready to install...

I don't want any stinkin' tickets for the damn tag...

is it legal in your state? TN cannot ticket you for something that is legal where the vehicle is registered/inspected. They can give you a hard time about it but as long as its legal in VA, I dont think it matters. Might help you to have a copy of the legal statute with you though
laugh.gif
TN cops evidently cant read dat wellsss

Hey Chelle, We'll just tie a flashlight to Cesear with TP... When it gets dark, turn it on! Fixed.
thumb_up.gif

Hey Chelle, We'll just tie a flashlight to Cesear with TP... When it gets dark, turn it on! Fixed.
thumb_up.gif
Hrmmmm, I'm way late in seeing this from Hank and YOU SUCK!

I'm just saying...

Zukracer, here's the deal - I don't think the vertical plate is legal, but if a bike shop passes it, who am I to argue?
laugh.gif

Make room for me... I'm not going to change mine over either...

DSC01872.jpg

I have been pulled over several times, (no tickets), but I was pulled over for exceeding the posted speed limit... none of them said a thing about the plate. The only time I had a problem was one time with the THP that came up to me when I was already pulled off the road at scenic area. Treatened to give me a ticket, then a warning, then just a verbal...

So we will see, what happens...

THP likes to use the tag location as a reason to pull you over to check for license, registration, insurance etc. I haven't heard of anyone actually being ticketed just for the tag.

All duly sworn officers should ride point, in my opinion.
firedevil.gif

That way when they take one for the team
guns.gif
, a little professional courtesy should kick in.
thumb_up.gif

I hope they don't start the heavy handed enforecement until after the Bash. Not that I have anything illegal on the Busa or violate traffic laws
whistling.gif

Laws change all the time, I would check, you don't want to find out after they hook your bike on a wrecker.
Many states are changing tag display laws. If it is not on the very back, horizontal,lighted and reflectors where they need to be, could be expensive. If your tag is not mounted properly impound may be an option they have written into law. And if it is not a state law, there could be local laws by city or county. Just a heads up........they are way past fed up over there.
Most of all be nice..........you may be violating a law without knowing it.
example..... got a ticket for not having registration years ago..........even though we don't have to carry here, I still got the ticket, paid it. It was not worth going back to court. Same with trailers, no tag required here, I have been stopped for it more than one time....lucky no ticket, had to convince the officer to check. He thought it was BS. No tag on a trailer, unheard of in other states.

Make room for me... I'm not going to change mine over either...

<a href="http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/Powers739/Rear%20Stand/?action=view&current=DSC01872.jpg" target="_blank">
DSC01872.jpg

I have been pulled over several times, (no tickets), but I was pulled over for exceeding the posted speed limit... none of them said a thing about the plate. The only time I had a problem was one time with the THP that came up to me when I was already pulled off the road at scenic area. Treatened to give me a ticket, then a warning, then just a verbal...

So we will see, what happens...
vertical tag can be a ticket here. depends on the officer, if he wants to take the time to stop you for a minor violation, many times they ignore it unless there is another violation.
I guess it depends on how busy they are.

THP likes to use the tag location as a reason to pull you over to check for license, registration, insurance etc. I haven't heard of anyone actually being ticketed just for the tag.
Everything else is legit, so I'm not worrying over it...I've had plenty of VA State guys follow behind me and never once did anyone pull me over for it...friend of mine got sick of waiting at a red light on my bike (light wouldn't trigger) so he went ahead, got pulled, tags were run by local popo and nothing was ever said about the tag...

whistling.gif

THP likes to use the tag location as a reason to pull you over to check for license, registration, insurance etc.  I haven't heard of anyone actually being ticketed just for the tag.
Everything else is legit, so I'm not worrying over it...I've had plenty of VA State guys follow behind me and never once did anyone pull me over for it...friend of mine got sick of waiting at a red light on my bike (light wouldn't trigger) so he went ahead, got pulled, tags were run by local popo and nothing was ever said about the tag...

whistling.gif
yeah one of them could have been my uncle or cuz following ya....
lol1.gif

whistling.gif
yeah one of them could have been my uncle or cuz following ya....
lol1.gif
Well, thank 'em for not hassling the "mostly law-abiding" citizen
laugh.gif

cool.gif

Back