Wednesday ride - Ruby Run

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
For everyone thats arriving early, there's a group heading over to the Sheffield Ruby Mine. Its going to be a nice ride out 28, then back to the hotel via Thunder Road.
cool.gif

Plan on meeting at 830am at the lower fire pit at the Phillips, kickstands up at 9am. That should put us near the mine around 10am. They say its 2hrs for the 2 buckets, so figure we will play it by ear(and fun factor) to depeart the mine between 1230 & 130pm. We'll hit Franklin about 20-30mins after we leave the mine and stop for a bite to eat if folks want to do that, then proceed out of town towards Thunder Road.

If you havent been to Thunder Road, its pretty cool, the sights are amazing so bring a camera.

If you are interested in attending this ride, please post in this thread with number of people in your party.

Please visit the Ruby Run info page. This will be updated as we get closer with more details about the run and the mine.

Zuk you know Im in on this one. But I have not talked to the rest of the Iowa gang about what they think about the ruby mine. Also the kickstand up time could be a problem. I will see what the others have for interest in this and make adjustments to make it work.
Thanks for your time in tring to organize these rides hope it works.

well kick stand up time is a rough time, the folks I'm riding down with I think are also interested in going and its going to be almost as hellish a drive for us tuesday as it will be for you guys
laugh.gif

The trick is that we need to be there at least by noon, they wont let anyone in after 2pm. then it at least 1.5-2hr ride back. The early departure was to allow for other evening rides on the dragon/skyway, etc
cool.gif

There's a few things in the works that might make for a quick loop around places, just gotta see where things shake out.

I'm getting excited for it... think I'm gonna check on some of the emerald mines for the fall bash ... those are a bit farther out

nah, its off 28, we rode right past them last year ... anyone who's gone to thunder road has too
beerchug.gif

oh the emerald mines ... heh, guess I didnt read it right
laugh.gif

Emerald mines are a bit farther than ashville... more like 2.5hrs, would require a bit more planning to get all the way out there but I'm hoping to get there sometime this summer/early fall, maybe we can do it as part of the fall bash

Back