How many are riding two up?

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
How many of ya'll are going to be riding two up?

My wife is trying to decide if she wants to ride two up or take her V-Star 650. She's worried about keeping up with the busa's and I told her not to because I would stay with her but she's undecided. Either way we will probably trailer the bike(s) up there and drive it in 1 day.

This is the first year my wife has had a bike, so not sure if she will be riding the course. We will be bringing both bikes, but we may ride 2-up.

I think she is also a little nervous about the road, she has only been riding about a year and there are not a lot of twisties where we are.

There are a number of folks that ride the area 2 up. The only road that I think is more of a challenge 2 up is the dragon itself. The other area roads are easy going 2up
beerchug.gif

May have my daughter with me this year. She is nervous about the dragon but I told her there were just a few turns... Besides, that is one road of many.  
cool.gif

She is looking forward to checking out the Biltmore Estate.

My wife and I have ridden two up at the Bash for three trips now.

Its a double edged sword for me; 1) it slows me down and takes away some of my 'daring'. 2) it slows me down and takes away some of the likelyhood that I will wreck or get a ticket - she has a wonderful, built in speed control of slapping my helmet!

Riding a Busa, two up, on the Dragon, in the rain?
Priceless... and I have done it!

That said, if'n my wife had a bike I would MAKE her take it!

My wife has the same speed control technique!
rofl.gif

I ride 2 up by myself....

Fatt Kidd Racing.

All joking aside, riding the Gap 2 up is no problem. Just allowing some extra breaking room and give way to riders coming in behind ya.

I hope this year to get some shots draging a knee with Brenda on the back, hehehe...

r1forumkb1.JPG

And if you would like some help with lines through the Gap, let me know... I will be more than happy to help.

Make her ride her own bike. There will be several different groups, riding in different places. She doesn't HAVE to do the Dragon. But it is so beautiful there, such awesome roads, she will kick herself in the butt for not riding them.

Those are some nice pics! It's probably a good thing that she is riding with me so I will not try and go outside my ability.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this!

Make her ride her own bike. There will be several different groups, riding in different places. She doesn't HAVE to do the Dragon. But it is so beautiful there, such awesome roads, she will kick herself in the butt for not riding them.
Right now it looks like we are going to trailer up there so I will probably take both bikes, just in case. I don't want to push her but I would like for her to have the option.

In the 4 years I have had my busa I have never had a passanger! The wife hates the bike and also does not like the idea of a lady hanging on for dear life.

We rode two up last year. Melissa is bring her baby ninja this year and has only been riding a year. We will probably ride both ways. Bring the bike, we can put together some slow safe rides.

My wife and I have ridden two up at the Bash for three trips now.

Its a double edged sword for me; 1) it slows me down and takes away some of my 'daring'. 2) it slows me down and takes away some of the likelyhood that I will wreck or get a ticket - she has a wonderful, built in speed control of slapping my helmet!

Riding a Busa, two up, on the Dragon, in the rain?
Priceless... and I have done it!

That said, if'n my wife had a bike I would MAKE her take it!
I'm a big chicken and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
tounge.gif

Back