Bash Fund?

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Fellow .oRgsters...
A comment was made in a thread about establishing a Bash Fund to be used to defray/eliminate costs for the group as a whole. The fund could be used for purchasing food for the cookouts, offsetting the costs of the photo session, etc.

I am not passing the plate, just curious if there was interest in starting something like this?

beerchug.gif
good idea to me.

Fellow .oRgsters...
A comment was made in a thread about establishing a Bash Fund to be used to defray/eliminate costs for the group as a whole.  The fund could be used for purchasing food for the cookouts, offsetting the costs of the photo session, etc.

I am not passing the plate, just curious if there was interest in starting something like this?
Paying speeding tickets, replacing plastics...

Sounds good!

Fellow .oRgsters...
A comment was made in a thread about establishing a Bash Fund to be used to defray/eliminate costs for the group as a whole.  The fund could be used for purchasing food for the cookouts, offsetting the costs of the photo session, etc.

Paying speeding tickets, replacing plastics...

Sounds good!
laugh.gif

rofl.gif

it is a good idea

Shawn,

Last year I kinda kicked around a fee sorta, with some help from a few others. I was basically thinking about different levels so to speak.

Pic DVD, food money, shirt and a raffle ticket would be the highest so to speak. Once final numbers could be reached, IE cost of the food, shirt, DVD the left over could be added for raffle give aways. I was thinking about a prepaid Visa for 1st and 2nd.

This type of format has worked well for others rallies I attend.

Ever year Kevin brings brat burgers down and never asks anything in return. Most chip in to help defray those costs by padding his pocket.

I know there are many others that do things behind the scenes and I am thankful for the help given in the last few years. We can make this the premier event on the East Coast for Busa Junkies.

Last year, some felt that the Bash should remain free and give when they thought was needed. Maybe this would be a better plan, who knows....

Anyhoo, I am still gonna try to be there for some continued schooling and to help any one that may need help with their riding at the Gap.

Shawn,

Last year I kinda kicked around a fee sorta, with some help from a few others. I was basically thinking about different levels so to speak.

Pic DVD, food money, shirt and a raffle ticket would be the highest so to speak. Once final numbers could be reached, IE cost of the food, shirt, DVD the left over could be added for raffle give aways. I was thinking about a prepaid Visa for 1st and 2nd.

This type of format has worked well for others rallies I attend.

Ever year Kevin brings brat burgers down and never asks anything in return. Most chip in to help defray those costs by padding his pocket.

I know there are many others that do things behind the scenes and I am thankful for the help given in the last few years. We can make this the premier event on the East Coast for Busa Junkies.

Last year, some felt that the Bash should remain free and give when they thought was needed. Maybe this would be a better plan, who knows....

Anyhoo, I am still gonna try to be there for some continued schooling and to help any one that may need help with their riding at the Gap.
Kevin,
I agree this should be and as far as Im concerned still is a free event... I think the intent is to get the money into Kevin's hands earlier so that he isnt out a lot of money on food before he even gets there... Trying to track someone down at the bash with all the excitement and give them money can be difficult... By gathering up a couple of bucks from a few folks hopefully we can defray the cost from any one individual.......

We can have a raffle here on the org to raise money for this project too.....

Cap

I don't have any skin in the game either way; I just figured that if we collected any funds they could be put forward for all at the Bash by preventing someone from having to go out and buy food at the Bash and hope for and kick-back - maybe bringing the cost down on some of the fun stuff...

I only posted because some people showed some interest...if there are no funds applied then it is no loss...

Either way it is all good.
smile.gif

Kevin,
I agree this should be and as far as Im concerned still is a free event... I think the intent is to get the money into Kevin's hands earlier so that he isnt out a lot of money on food before he even gets there... Trying to track someone down at the bash with all the excitement and give them money can be difficult... By gathering up a couple of bucks from a few folks hopefully we can defray the cost from any one individual.......

We can have a raffle here on the org to raise money for this project too.....

Cap
Sounds like it will stay that way. And I have no problem with that. This is and will always be The oRg's gathering and the people that attend will make the decision. I will never force a change on this great event. I just try to make suggestions that I know do work and have improved every rally that I attend.

It makes 1000% sense to take up a collection ahead to cover the expense put forth on the food. I am in on payday.

I may see what I can do on the raffle front.

Whatever you guys come up with will be ok with me. But Dont let Cap get to the Yaeger !!
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
poke.gif

all_coholic.gif

I don't have any skin in the game either way; I just figured that if we collected any funds they could be put forward for all at the Bash by preventing someone from having to go out and buy food at the Bash and hope for and kick-back - maybe bringing the cost down on some of the fun stuff...

I only posted because some people showed some interest...if there are no funds applied then it is no loss...

smile.gif
It seems that will be the best plan.

There is interest and no requirement, so lets keep it that way.

smile.gif
It seems that will be the best plan.

There is interest and no requirement, so lets keep it that way.
Correct, this idea was never intended to be a mandate just a way to make a great thing a little better and smoother overall...... If someone wants to participate then great, at the end of the day everyone needs to square up with Kevin or whomever offers to cook for the group (if that even happens this year)

cap

Hookin has done a great service for the org by cooking every year. Most know that we need to kick in to cover the food but I know there have been some who may not have known he paid for the food out of his own pocket, and failed to kick in. Kevin is such a great guy he would never say anything to someone about it. I'll be glad to donate up front. Heck, I would rather pay for the DVD, shirts, pins and anything else I can now. With the cost of fuel and such it would be nice to spread out some of the cost of the trip.

I'm in... I feel the bash should be a free event as well... the fund is just to offset some cost of things that are nice to have around the camp fire or get together, few drinks, off set the cost of the burgers since a member takes it upon himself to provide, etc...

Just to make sure everyone knows... I am in no way saying that this is a Hayabusa.org owned function... this get together is the members getting together and having fun, fortunately for me you allow me to participate.. The only reason for the fund was to make sure that some of the odd cost that people have been paying out of pocket that we ALL partake in is covered....... Nothing more, no profit just balancing fairness.....

cap

cAp, anyone who knows you knows that. And even for the newbs, it's pretty plain to see that the .Org isn't your "ordinary internet forum". The people here are anything but "ordinary"...
cool.gif

Back