Spring Bash 08 Pins  ideas and ...

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, all the other bike events and rally's I have had the fortune of attending had event pins..

I have already spoke to the powers that be here and have an approval to have event pins made for the spring bash.

I am going to pay the upfront costs and will recoup that from sales of the pins with any/all profits going to the org..

After the event is over, any remaining pins and profits will be turned over to Captain (thanks for all your hard work btw... us armchair admins love the job you do
smile.gif
)

The costs include a custom die (max 1" by 1") and up to a 4 color pallatte. These are the hard enamel, collectible, jewelery quality pins and so will likely last as long as any pin you have already.

Final sale price of pins will be likely around $7

I do need some help here:

WHAT I NEED:

Ok artsy types.... I need within the next 30 days some ideas for the pin design.. here are the rules you have to work within:

1. design must fit inside a 1X1 inch footprint

2.Shape can be custom but not extremely complex (IE holes or intricate design that is not conducive to a striking die)

3. 4 or fewer fill colors. This will also have one plating metal as well. Gold, silver or black nickel plate. I think they can do things like a kanji and fill it with a color etc. Text can be the plated raised metal.

4. Should reflect the event "Busa bash 08" "Spring Bash 08" or something like that, use your judgement and imagination. Just keep it relevant...

What the winner gets:

2 free pins! The bragging rights of design! and the admiration of all the event pin holders!

Selection of final design will be by members of the org.. (subject of course to final approval by the art department that must convert this to a physical pin)

Please keep your efforts to 2 submissions... I have seen some pretty prolific designers and so put that energy into only 1 or 2 ideas..(thanks)

Post them here... when the time comes, I will post another thread for voting... (say around Jan 1st)

Any questions? PM me...

I think it's a great idea but I'm not "artsy" so I hope someone comes up with some cool designs!

well at the least it will be a Kanji/Busa Bash 08 thing... The inhouse art dept will do it up but figured it might be cool if someone here could provide something unique..

Would be cool if it could include the Kanji and a dragon somehow.

OK - this is a *VERY* rough sketch, but put in a round shape - don't know about coloring yet, but I think y'all will get the idea...

Bash_Pin1.jpg

thats what I am talking about.... I was not sure how to get the H.org into the thing...

So, do all 300 have to be exactly the same??

Specifically - can the Kanji be different colors? I've seen how they make these pins and the color is applied by hand, so could they do different colored kanji??

For example, I would rather it be blue. Some would want black, some red...

So, do all 300 have to be exactly the same??

Specifically - can the Kanji be different colors? I've seen how they make these pins and the color is applied by hand, so could they do different colored kanji??

For example, I would rather it be blue. Some would want black, some red...
I will check on the colors as you are correct, each pin is hand colored so maybe not an issue...

Back