Got some practice on a Pro Stock Bike !!!

Raced Guy

Registered
Well i just got back from FL from the Frank Hawley drag racing school for pro stock bikes. Let me start by saying it was the best money i have ever spent period. I got to spend 2 days learing about all the mental and physical aspects of racing, and getting to apply the new knowledge to a pro stock bike. These bikes are amazing, and the first half of the track is the best feeling i think you could ever feel. The bikes pull depending on rider 1.1x-1.2x 60fts, goes 0-100 in 60ft and pulls a tad over 5gs on launch. I knew coming in that they would be a hand full but man its just nutz. I got a total of 6 runs on it making short passes and working up to the full passes. The hardest part besides figuring out how to controll the bike on the lauch is getting over what i was used to doing on the busa. I still have tons to learn but ended up running 2 8.0x passes at 165-166. My best pass which felt slower because i just tapped the limiter in 1st and 2nd, but pulled a 1.15 60ft was an 8.007@166. I feel with some more time with George Bryce helping me i can achieve 7.70s-7.80s. I hope with hard work and determanation i can one day race pro stockers. By the way George Bryce is one of the smartest persons i have ever met in the aspects of bike racing and teaching in general. I have some vids but not sure how to post, but i can put up some pics. :thumbsup:

028.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a link to the first vid.
- My first passes on a Pro Stock motorcycle[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
really nice! you looked fairly relaxed and getting nice routine going.. :thumbsup:

that small touch on the rev limiter really hurts..

Yeah it hurts for sure. I was just so used to my busa and short shifting to keep it down it was hard to get used to. That time i strecteched first out just tapped it making second alot shorter and was not used to it being that short and tapped it. Thats why i was so suprised i ran the 8.007 even with that happeing, i also cut a .026 light (pro tree) which i was happy because its not as easy as doing it on the busa. A few more passes would have been great, coulda strated digging into the 7s. The bikes are set up for 7.80s-low 8s depending on conditions and rider weight.

Last edited:
Back