pro stock bikes

TJFAST

Registered
other than the harley
rant.gif
what are the pro stock bikes?

They are mainly a Suzuki GS based motors. They are the strongest motors bar none. It's bacause of there roller bearing instead of plain bearing cranks.

From the 2004 NHRA rulebook:

ENGINE
Must be of a type specifically designed and manufactured for a production motorcycle. Harley V-twin or NHRA-accepted American push rod V-twin, 45-degree case only, maximum 3278cc (200cid). All other 2-valve engines, maximum 1508cc (92cid); 4valve engines 1994 model year and newer, maximum 1429cc (87.2cid); all older 4-valve engines maximum 1295cc (79 cid). NHRA-accepted aftermarket Harley-Davidson or American push rod V-twin engine cases with cylinder anger between 45 and 60 degrees, up to 160 cid, permitted.

There's more but that's the scoop on sizes, go to NHRA.com and read it for yourself.

And before the anti-Harley whiners chime in about how unfair it is for them to run larger displacements and less weight, take a look at how much fairing they have to hide behind. None. Quit whining and watch the friggin racing...

but they could put a freegin fairing on there cycle with no restiction !thats the freegin point!!!!! comeone now lets not defent the handicappers lmfao

but they could put a freegin fairing on there cycle with no restiction !thats the freegin point!!!!! comeone now lets not defent the handicappers lmfao
No rob_t, they can't. From the NHRA rulebook, regarding the body:

"All main body parts must have stock appearance and shape and cannot be mixed among models...Aerodynamic devices prohibited unless originally incorporated into same OEM of that year."

Regarding the fairing:

"Upper portion of full fairing must be same size and shape as stock."

The VROD doesn't have fairings at all, so no fairings there. The Buell XBR has a tiny upper fairing, but that's it.

get the f... of harleys jock dude. anyone with half a brain knows that in the real world the fastest showroom harley has no chance of keeping up with a showroom zook. harleys arent fast or quick.nhra is getting more publicity on the bikes cause of harleys involvement and thats good but dont get it twisted tryin to say the field is even.

I don't think LCW is on anyones jock. I think he's been around a race track long enough to know that there are many surprises out there. I for one, would never own a Harley. Im not sure how many Harleys or Zooks you've been around but that V-rod will lay an ass whoopin' to most Suzuki cruisers. Anyway here is a link that may let you see things with a little clarity. Just click on any of the top three movies.
http://www.sportbikerider.us/index.c....t2=9999

cruisers?? when did pro stock become a class for harley cruisers? its good for the sport for sure but tryin to act like they would be competitive in the real world without special rules is silly if youve got a little common sense. pro stock bike was a class for fast bikes,now its becoming a class were a manufacture can buy a championship to boost sales.

get the f... of harleys jock dude. anyone with half a brain knows that in the real world the fastest showroom harley has no chance of keeping up with a showroom zook. harleys arent fast or quick.nhra is getting more publicity on the bikes cause of harleys involvement and thats good but dont get it twisted tryin to say the field is even.
What do showroom bikes, or cars for that matter, have to do with the big money classes in NHRA?

79ci.......200 ci's.....does kinda make you go hmmmmmmm.......

I think shoot bikes are way closer to prostock then anything......and Barry went a 7.13 right?

79ci.......200 ci's.....does kinda make you go hmmmmmmm.......
It's a completely different engine configuration. Adjustments are made to the rules to make the configurations competitive. So if Harley came out with an I4, they too would be limited to 79ci's. It's not like the average person can afford a Pro Stock caliber "Suzuki" motor. It's also not like your average "Harley guy" can build a competitive NHRA Pro Stock engine - we're talkin V&H and the same talent that goes into the V&H I4's. We're just not talking about showroom bikes here...

Back