Cache bike progress

cache

Banned
Lets start with the fact I haven't even touched her since the day it happened. Saturday befor Thanksgiving. Had to move it to the new house, so I'm gonna rip into it starting tomorrow.

Here are a few now photos. Once again I'm on dialup, so patience plz...
smile.gif

1st:

bike_progress_001.jpg

Ouch!!!! If you need stock turn signals front/rear or a windscreen, stock pipes, or a slightly damaged brake light lens give me a shout.

thanks grabntwist, got all that handled already...

all I still need are:
1- front stay frame
2- rear wheel

may find more once all the plastic is off tomorrow. thanks for lookin out!

And I must say.  She is still looking good. with all the damage.  The Busa is just simply put.  A gorgeuos <table style=filter:glow(color=red)>I'm cussing again and Cap edited my post</table> bike.  And with all the damage.  She is still the FASTEST bike!!!!  Good luck with the rebuild!
smile.gif

man that thing looks rashed.... hope you get her rebuilt...

im bidding for one on ebay comes with front calipers and lines and everything you could attach to the triple, all i need off of it is the brake lever the brake resivoir and the bar end, you can have everything else, or even better go and out bid me and ill offer some dough for the things i need

item # 2461813845

cache - I thought you would have had that beast back on the road by now... It makes me sad to see your Busa looking like that...

I still have my stock front and rear wheels/tires off an '02... You mentioned a "stock triple cover" from your picture the cover looks fine, I have one of these also...

Drop me a line to see what we can work out...

If you know someone who is an awesome welder maybe that can could be heated and worked a bit. But maybe like MSF says just replace the can asuming the header is still good... look for cracks around the manifold. I also have stock signals and exhaust if ya want em.

look on ebay for the front stay frame i picked one up for 81.01 last night there is still a couple more

If yer hearts set on savin that pipe........drill the rivets.....remove the end cap.......put carefully in vise......heat....straighten carefully......I'd try some vise grip welding clamps with the big open jaws and the 1" round clamping surface on the end of them........clamp lightly.......heat........clamp a little harder.......heat.......move clamp......repeat process til it's straight......polish..............rerivet.

with plasticks off, and more damage found..... hit a brick wall. front forks bent pretty bad. jeeeeeezz.
mad.gif

Bummer man! I hope you get 'er up and running for the nice weather!

You have to be ready by May of 2005 (of course that is plenty of time)... Because I will be back out there to take a shot at Rainier. And, to hang with you, think, RSD, MSF, and others!

Back