Wheelie Bars

07Black_Busa

Registered
hey all can anyone help. I am going to run a set of pingel wheelie bars with a pingel strut. Do I still wanna strap down the front end with a lowering strap?

Also i have a dynojet quick shifter. i took the bike out with just the strut and when i was shifting at 10-10.5 I noticed the rear end gave me a few bounces. I figure this was normal because i was on the street and running a strut. Felt like wheel hop? this sound normal.

By the way its a 07 busa

be carefull on street if not smooth road with the strut.

I have strut pingle bars I didnt strap front end.

Not to say you couldnt did you gear bike down a little.

you be careful with that strut, it changes the whole attitude of the bike, nothing like wheelie bars though you should have some fun with those, enjoy!!!

IM RUNNING THE SHINKO SLICK WITH MINE BARS SET REALLY LOW (ALMOST ALL WAY IN ONLY LITTLE THREAD STILL SHOWING ON ADJUSTER.
IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_4885-1.jpg

I AM CURRENT GOLD CARD HOLDER BUT SLIPPED 3RD POINTS CURRENTLY
TOUGH OUT THERE
umnik.gif
ohsnap1.gif
CANT CATCH A BYE RUN 4 NOTHING+ NOBODY IS RED LIGHTING ON ME
werd.gif

THE PLATE ON SIDE MY NUMBER ON TOP MY DIAL IN

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes geared it down a little. -1 front +2 rear.

I have a dyno jet quick shifter. I think I have the shift kill set too long and thats where i am getting the slight bounce. I will take it out and lower the shift kill time and see how it runs.

Yes you will need to strap it so the front wheel comes off the ground a little. You can also adjust the bar hight with the strap. Do not take all of the travel out of the front it will cause the bike to handle really weard at speed and could cause a mishap.(CRASH)

If you have an adjustable time on the shift kill box make it as short as possable and this will help with the hop. Also have the air solenoid as close to the air ram as possable.

Im just glad to here im not the only on running a bar! I just swap out to 16/44 and Im waiting for my new ape clutch and 40 pound springs from schnitz. just mounded a 003 ultra soft, ($130 free shipping from spencercycle) will be testing next weekend.

Im shure some guys with bars would consider your bike a joke.

I intend win least 2--3 grand bracket racing this year im not there 2 do time runs im there 2 win.

I can honestly say I trailerd every street bike I raced in brackets last year.Some faster than me but took there $$ every 1 I raced.

THis will help out 4 this season.
2zpmaf8.jpg

christmas tree smoker along with launch box rpm limiter+hydraulic clutch release

10f1941.jpg

Last edited:
You could bracket race a scooter and win money, maybe you will win enough to pay for all those electronics.......:laugh: The fuel bike is hardly your busa!

I was track champ last year without the electronics.

Anybody can talk smack on a message board.:rolleyes2:

Winning races is my plan this year.

You cant bracket race A scooter my track 8.50 limit on 1/8th mile dial in.

What pro class do you race ?? I dont ever remember trailering a faster bike that said ha ha im faster than you .Most the time they just load up.:laugh:

IMG_5744.jpg

I can and will talk smack in person. Just got home from the track, trying to work the bugs out of my setup. I'm not a pro racer by any means but bring your busa over to I-57 sometime n we will get to it. Or would you prefer I come to Chandler?

Dont care what you do. We are having 1 $800 to win bike race.

So you dont race any proclass?

Why cut down bracket racers if you are one?

tbiggerstaff.jpg

IM SHURE SOME THESE BIKES BE HAVIN SPOT YOU A COUPLE BLINKS.

Last edited:
Billy you're dumb. I'm not a bracket racer never claimed to be. Don't care for it. I have a street bike. 64 inch street tire hand clutch. You know, the kind that can be ridden on the street. Stock motor with a little spray. No slick, training wheels, strut or delay box. We have a heads up class for street bikes @ Benton. If you would like to shut me up, bring your bike and we will get down. Most any Friday nite I'm there, with a little advance notice I can arrange to be there on a saturday.
Oh and quit posting pics of other peoples bikes and nut swinging, it's getting kinda old......:cheerleader:
I'm out. You know where to find me......

Yes you will need to strap it so the front wheel comes off the ground a little. You can also adjust the bar hight with the strap. Do not take all of the travel out of the front it will cause the bike to handle really weard at speed and could cause a mishap.(CRASH)

+1 here...

you can be consistant without wheelie bars ans electronics as well too. My bike runs pretty much right on the dial in . Personally i dont like wheelie bars, i like to learn to ride the bike for the quickest et possible. But i dont care if others use one or not.

WELL LEAST YOUR NOT A HATER.
DONT MATTER 2 ME HOW ANYBODY ELSE SETS UP THERE BIKE

I RACED FREE LAST YEAR GOLD CARD HOLDER.

IM DONE THIS POST NOT INTRESTED IN NAME CALLING.

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

Back