drag strip equipment

bigbore50

Registered
Hi i'm new to this forum and need some information about equipment for the drag strip. I own a stock 2005 Hayabusa, bought new in 2005 and want to see what I can make it do on the drag strip. I will run brackets and want to know if I need a custom kill switch. I am looking for wheelie bars but can only find the ones that Pingle sells which have to be welded to my swing arm, which is something I do not want to do. Does any one have any ideas? Any input will greatly appreciated.

i would call your local track and ask what they require. i have a teather kill but never use it as the hayabusa is equiped with a tip over switch. air shifter, lowering links, and a strap for the front end is most needed for racing at the track.

Like Superbusa said, check the rule at the track. Most exempt fuel injected bikes. It is still a good idea to put one on the bike. Check out the PMR unit.

There are some wheelie bars that bolt on to a Hayabusa. I’m not sure who makes them but I have seen them. Again though, check with the rule where you intend to run. Most places will put you in the Pro E/T bracket classes instead of the street class brackets. In the pro class, you will see more experienced competitors and better equipped bikes. Usually things like throttle stops, delay boxes, autoshifts etc. The competition (and pay) is usually at a higher level and pretty tough on a guy starting out.

If your track requires a tether...save the $45.00 and just get a "small" "I" bolt and screw it into the kill switch button so it pull the switch up if you come off. You can get a wrist laynard with a clip for a couple bucks anywhere.....

Thanks guys but I really have my heart set on the wheelie bars. In the early 1980's I had them on my 1977 Kawasaki 1000 LTD and ran the bike at the track, they give you a lot more cofidence and less worries.

go out and practice and learn to ride it will no bars.The thrill is more exciting..You need nothing more than ankle high leather boots,leather jacket,snell 2005 helmet,and gloves under 120 mph/above 10.0 sec. in the quarter mile..Once you learn to ride it you'll need leather pants over 120 in the quarter.I have pmr kills in stock if needed,but you can tell them it's equipped with a tip over switch if they question you.

Yep.... No bar/stock arm is a blast on the busa

professor_pencil4.jpg

Does anyone have the least painless way to setup a kill switch laynard, hopefully with some pix and source of supply.

HMM IT DOES SAY BOTTOM TUBE GETS WELDED DONT KNOW WHY IT SAYS THAT.
The bottom tube goes on @ your holes in swingarm were your spools go.I have bars on my 06 no welding.I dont think you would have weld.You have install some brackets in back passnger foot pegs takes mabe 30 min the lower ones just bolt on @ threaded holes in your swingarm I didnt weld nothing.

THATS 06 SEE THERES NOTHING WELDED ON BOTTOM JUST BOLT ON.tHE BIGGEST PAIN IS ASSEMBLE BARS THERE GOING SHIP THEM BROKE DOWN.iF YOU IKNOW ANYBODY GOT BARS YOU COULD COPY THERE MIGHT MAKE IT FASTER THERE ALL ABOUT THE SAME.

mINE RUNS OK WITH THEM 6.29 WITH 265LB RIDER WITHOUT GEAR 6.15 WITH MY BUDDDY HE WEIGHS 170LBS ,i DO HAVE LAUNCH MASTER OR ADJUSTABLE REV LIMITER ALSO SO DONT HAVE LOOK @ TACH WHEN LAUNCHING

ml00ok.jpg

219vtrd.jpg

BOTTOM TUBE BOLTS RIGHT IN THERE WERE THAT SPOOL IS

4gmee8.jpg

Never mind that tube going thru it i just did that while adjusting my chain get it out of way..

293df1h.jpg

http://www.pingelonline.com/wheeliebars_suzuki.htm

Back