What to build for?

Nemesis

Registered
firedevil.gif
  We have alot of great responses on 1/4 mods and also top end mods.  It seems to me that without huge HP and huge $$ that you cannot have both.  Just trying to decide in what direction to take my 99 Busa, quick or fast?  Any thoughts fellas'  ??

firedevil.gif
  We have alot of great responses on 1/4 mods and also top end mods.  It seems to me that without huge HP and huge $$ that you cannot have both.  Just trying to decide in what direction to take my 99 Busa, quick or fast?  Any thoughts fellas'  ??
This one should be left up to only you, as you know what you'll like better than any of us.

firedevil.gif
     You're right MSF, it's just that I really enjoy both, but ultimately I'll have to choose one or the other.  I guess I should re-ask the question this way...What made each of you choose one or the other.....Thanks

I haven't gone either way yet, but here is my $.02 worth.

I think top-end is cool, but very unusable... Not only do you need a lot of straights, but no police, no wild animals (in cages and on four legs), and perfect roads...

I prefer hole-shot, only because it is more usable from light-to-light and on the twisties. Not to mention, if you are going to the track you prolly won't see the uppermost top, and will always be wanting some decent jump after the apex. Plus wheelies should be a hair easier (as if they aren't already).

Finally, adding a tad to the jump, prolly won't take that much off the topend anyway. Ask yourself... What do I do more often? Drive 198MPH, or launch and drive fast!

I got mine half way set up for street/track (drags). when im done (hopefully in a few months) it will be more track than street but still streetable

I think I agree with Vripley. I only have a few places around here to go top end, and with two meetings with my friendly police officer in the past two weeks, I don't think I'd try.

On the other hand, the quick seems to work much better for me. There is a quarter mile strip about ten minutes from the house, and it also works well with those dumbasses in cages that want to race.

That is what works for me, but you really need to decide which is best for you. Only you can decide that. We are just providing feedback for why we chose to set it up one way.

I agree with them, what are the odds your going to do 200mph anyway, nor would you really want to...after like 130mph every 10mph seems so much faster, and if you fell...well nice knowing ya.

I think youll get more challanges at tracks at lights so you should go for a street/track setup, and either way if like a 600 revs you on the highway your gonna spank him.

For me there is absolutely no doubt about it. Any mods I might do will be geared toward drag racing and low end performance. I've always been more into 1/8 or 1/4 mile action than top speed.

Since my job is in law enforcement I have taken my antics to the track (other than occasionally being a spectator- can't give it up fully
wink.gif
). Plenty of 1/8 and 1/4 mile track options for enthusiasts around here. Not so many (any?) legal options for top enders.

I can see my first mod being lowering the bike in hopes of having a better chance of keeping the front tire down on spirited take offs and romps up through the gears. That'll be a while though. Gotta get used to the monster first. Never had a bike this big or powerful.

Anyway, it's whatever floats your boat. Luckily I'm not torn between the two. Top speed and knee draggin' just ain't me.

I perfer the launch, you get to use it more and its safer. Plus it requires more skill, any knucklehead can just keep the throttle open.

my 2001 is set up for quick quick quick. it pulls 3rd gear wheelies like a 600 yet it did 176 in a top end run on the dyno and ill probally never go that fast on an open road in western pa but when i come out of a turn and bang that throttle mmmmmmmmm yeah thats what life is all about.

Back