Results from first drag race ever.

Bruiserman

Registered
Well, I finally raced last night and man am I slow. Doesn't bother me and I know what I have to do. I have to grow a set,
laugh.gif
Basically I ran 4 times and my best was an 11.8 at 128mph. I do ok once I get going but I think my 60ft. times is what is killing me. I am scared I will loose it off the start and so I am running 2.2-2.4 60 ft.
My question is, how hard can I push it? I lowered the bike 1.5 inches but everything else is stock.

I also ran my first two without doing a burn out cause I didn't know how. Third time I got a lesson and it was easy, then my time was better. I had so much fun I didn't care that evey Busa out there spanked me
tounge.gif
. I know I'll get into the 10's and then better hopefully. (and now I can do burnouts too, can't beat that)

So overall great time and then today I got to run my stock busa on a dyno for $20. Can't beat that either. Got 152.3 hp and 93.8 tq. Now I know where I started out and can compare all my mods as I do them.
AWESOME weekend for me.

Any advise on my 1/4 would be great. Don't bust my balls for being a chicken too badly, go easy.
Thanks
B

sounds like your off to the right start it will come with time main thing is let it feel natural don't push it too hard do what your comfortable with time and practice will take care of the rest
cool.gif

+1 with IG.Ride the way you know how to ride not like everybody else seat time is the key when you find the sweet spot you will know it.Having fun is the key to lower et's.

Fun...isn't it! I found that if you're running the stock tire, about 25 PSI and a very "light" burn (no big smoke) will help clean and heat the tire...should better your 60'. Go at your own speed, it's easier on the body and cheaper on the pocket book...it's all good.

The main thing is that you are having fun. I don't care what anyone says, no one is born a good drag racer, we all have to learn. Keep trying to lower your time and enjoying yourself, good times will come.

yeah bro! enjoy yourself, don't sweat the numbers. i'm sure you will be breaking the high nines sometime soon. happy dragging
biggrin.gif

Bruiser - a few of us are going to Bradenton on Nov 20th. That track hooks hard!

PM me your cell number if you decide to go...

11.8 is definitely a good start. I've only been 4 times and managed to get from high 11's to 11.1.

I had my clutch back torque limiter welded and the 60' times are much better because the clutch has much more range. Best 60' is 1.9 so far...

Also tried 43 tooth sprocket on the back but my times got worse. Standard sprockets and using first 3 gears only (red line) can get you to 10.9 seconds!

Back