Possible new dot tire!

quikgixx

Registered
Hello everyone my name is Anthony,I live in California and have been riding for 5 years.I love drag racing like the rest of you,A friend of mine works for a big race tire manufacturer here in the states,the company he works for will make any tire that he wants and has in the past,he is well known  around the country.What I want to do is get a reaction from you guys and gals about a DOT tire that would work for us on the street and strip,if this sounds good to you he can have these tires made in any dimension we need.the tires will be priced to sell,and they will sell fast at the price he mentioned to me.The tire compound they use is really good and will out last any other brand out there.Ive heard of people going through a shootout tire in a weekend.and they are not cheap in price. if you guys can leave any input about tire sizes that will work then we could go from there.Im going to e-mail this thread to my buddy so he can watch the reaction from you.   thank you for reading this long post   Anthony

<!--EDIT|quikgixx
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118844515 -->

Well I would be interested. I don't know if anyone else be since no one has replied to this thread.

How about a good track tire as well, would he able to hook that up as well? By the way, welcome to the Org.

180/55/17
190/55/17  
200-55-17 are common sizes for the rear

120/70/16
120/60/17
90/17 are common sizes for the front

If he really wants to make some cash tell him to make some 180,190 or 200/55/18 and he will be rich by monday if they hook there are alot of guys that have 18" wheels that can't find a tire that hooks.Just my 2 cent from doing what i do.
Tell him to call me if he needs more info Daniel 503-786-1407,I'll even distribute them for him.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120942629 -->

I don't race but I am all about a tire that lasts longer than 3000 miles as I'm sure we all are. I can't think of anyone that likes to spend money on tires just knowing at the next oil change they are going to be looking at buying tires again. As long as they stick and can hold up I would buy them.

Back