4000 rpm

superbusaman

Registered
i have only been to the drag strip once. i ran really consistant but my times were slow. my 60' sucks. my speed going through the traps was good in the 130's so i figure if i get the 60's alittle better i would be happy. i have read on hear that people leave around 4000 rpm and dump the clutch. well to be honest im kinda scared(of recking my bike). so what does happen? wheelie? or just take off hard? and do u let the clutch out gradually or do u really just dump it? thanks

You roll it on...If you dump it your gonna wheelie or spin both of which are no, no's...

The guys I watch and am trying to imitate que up @ 4000. When the second yellow goes out they release the clutch at the same rate that they increase the throttle twist so that they are WFO in 1st by the end of the 60' mark. Sounds easy...but it isn't. They are puttin down 1.5 and 1.6 60 footers and strollin thru the traps at 140's on my bike. I am still pulling high 10's in the 130's so I got some learning and practicing to do. Part of my problem is I wait to shift into 2nd until my feet are up and I'm tucked. The air shifter should alleviate that problem
tounge.gif
. Hope this was helpful

Everybody rides different. I don't dump the clutch but I do know some people that do and ride very well. It's just finding out what works best for you. If you don't feel comfortable than don't do it. I know Lee on his 1000 @ 65" throws his clutch away,but he has a multi-stage lock up. That bike is just incredible, 1.32 60' and an et of 8.20's consistantly all motor!

I know Lee on his 1000 @ 65" throws his clutch away,but he has a multi-stage lock up. That bike is just incredible, 1.32 60' and an et of 8.20's consistantly all motor!
We're gonna need a little more info on the muli-stage lock-up thingy you referred to! That's Un
wow.gif
Freaking
wow.gif
Believable
bowdown.gif

wow.gif

Hey bro dont dump the clutch if your not twisting the throttle you'll bog down and if your twisting the trottle your gonna either spin, wheelie, or even worse loop it.

I know Lee on his 1000 @ 65" throws his clutch away,but he has a multi-stage lock up. That bike is just incredible, 1.32 60' and an et of 8.20's consistantly all motor!
We're gonna need a little more info on the muli-stage lock-up thingy you referred to! That's Un
wow.gif
Freaking
wow.gif
Believable
bowdown.gif
A multi stage lock up is used primarly for drag racing, and other very high horsepower applications. The faster the rear wheel turns, the more lock up pressure is applied to the pressure plate.

Each arm on the lock up device represents one stage of lock-up adjustment. Arms are controlled by stall spring, thus allowing the mechanic flexibility in determing the RPM each finger will start applying clutch pressure. In addition, an arm can be ajusted to release clutch pressure at maximum rated torque your engine produces, thus keeping your motor at maximum efficiency with each gear change.

wow.gif

If you weigh from 180 to 220 you should hit 142mph in the 1/4 regardless of your 60'...
i cant really remember but im pretty sure that when i was at the strip i had one of the faster mph in the street class but the slower et. hitting in the 140's is pretty fast. most of the people with quickier ets were going slower mph then me. so i believe its all in the 60

shid 140 should put you at 9secs in teh quarter right?

damn now if i can get my balls back. i went to gateway tonight and only got 2 runs nothing to talk about
mad.gif

Lousy 60' times means you are on the track longer and thus a higher trap speed. If you are spraying then all bets are off.
Mad`

<!--EDIT|Mad`
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1117154657 -->

I ran 9.90's last year with a best 60 of 1.68. Most of the 60's were in the 1.70's with 142-145 MPH. Changed a lot of crap this year. Last time up I ran 115 in the 1/8th but only 140 at the 1/4. I think I may be down on HP after the 1/8th with my airbox mod. ANy suggestions on my mapping? (PC#usb)

Back