Well, here are the results........

streaker00

Registered
I only made three passes on friday night because the front end was shaking too bad. I had just put a shinko front on and never balanced it........bad idea!

Here are the first two passes of the year....I can't find the 3rd ticket:

.002 r/t
1.507 60'
3.944 330'
5.968 1/8
122.13 mph
7.725 1000'
9.222 1/4
149.65 mph

.080 r/t
1.479 60'
3.893 330'
5.879 1/8
123.79 mph
7.610 1000'
9.088 1/4
151.48 mph

I remember the third 60' was a 1.48 and it ran a 9.10@151
It rained so the rest of the weekend sucked,but I was pretty happy with my results.

Here are a few pics

DSC01595.JPG

Hey Streaker......I am having clutch issues...... Maybe you have some suggestions or have heard some stuff.

I am not able to get the bike to launch into the 1.50 60' range consistantly. And I "can" ride and I am trying to push it harder and harder each time but it "aint" getting any better.
MY QUESTION......
I am running the Brock Clutch Mod and the Clutch Cushion.
I hear that the Cluch Cushion slips the clutch too much and that I should have stayed with the Stock 04 clutch pack.
It feels to me that I cant give it enough clutch to make the bike leave harder. I have even gone as far as setting my clutch lever dial to 1 to try and get my release further out and done quicker.
My bike is running 147 mph with the motor untouched but it just aint pulling thru the 330 quick enough.

What are you using for clutch set up?
Or have you any suggestions........
Also I have plans on getting Lee to put his hands in my bike for the 200hp or stage 3 package.....Around about what am I looking at $$$$$ compare to Carpenters $2800. PM me with that info if you like to share......

I just switched to the 02 clutch and pulled the Brock cushion out. My best before was a 1.50 but I was an inch shorter then. I am gonna go to the track and switch set ups while I'm there. You are definately riding the bike. How much do you weigh???

I am a firm believer of Lee's work. The prices are simular. I think Carpenter puts aftermarket cams in his kit. I'd call and talk to each of them and see what comes in each others kits. Lee's stuff is incredibly reliable. He has the fastest 1000 in the country and was running 3 classes with it. Tell him that we spoke online. I weigh 185 lbs. and the bike still pulls 151-153 with me on it.

Sounds like you had a good time Jim. You also had a better day than me at the track. I went to a local track today and I came down hard from a mid track wheelie and crushed my BDE pipe and busted my oil pan. So I guess I'm going to a BDE sidewinder and billet pan now to get some more ground clearance ( even though I'm not sure how it will work on a stock motor, any idea?) Are you going to the July 11-12 race? I am off work and I'm going to that one.
smile.gif

Great times Jim ... way to start the year off right. It rained off and on all weekend here in Frederick, so I stayed home and dd chores. I hope to catch up to you all in June 11th and 12.

I weigh 192 butt naked......But I am working my weigh down trying to get to 185.
Streaker what springs are you using with the stock pack. I am thinking of going back to the stock springs and use the spacers that came with the slipper mod. Then I have heard of using the springs that Scnitz sells that are one step harder than the stocks...............

I only made three passes on friday night because the front end was shaking too bad. I had just put a shinko front on and never balanced it........bad idea!

Here are the first two passes of the year....I can't find the 3rd ticket:

.002       r/t
1.507     60'
3.944     330'
5.968     1/8
122.13    mph
7.725      1000'
9.222      1/4
149.65     mph

.080       r/t
1.479     60'
3.893     330'
5.879     1/8
123.79    mph
7.610      1000'
9.088      1/4
151.48    mph

I remember the third 60' was a 1.48  and it ran a 9.10@151
It rained so the rest of the weekend sucked,but I was pretty happy with my results.
Damn man you were haulin azz. I was about to start bombaring with questions but i think most have been answered

I weigh 192 butt naked......But I am working my weigh down trying to get to 185.
Streaker what springs are you using with the stock pack. I am thinking of going back to the stock springs and use the spacers that came with the slipper mod. Then I have heard of using the springs that Scnitz sells that are one step harder than the stocks...............
As for the springs, I have 2 heavy that come in the brock kit and four of his "stock" springs( I think they are little stronger than stock).

Sounds like you had a good time Jim. You also had a better day than me at the track. I went to a local track today and I came down hard from a mid track wheelie and crushed my BDE pipe and busted my oil pan. So I guess I'm going to a BDE sidewinder and billet pan now to get some more ground clearance ( even though I'm not sure how it will work on a stock motor, any idea?) Are you going to the July 11-12 race? I am off work and I'm going to that one.
smile.gif
It sucks to hear about your mishap....but at least you were able to keep the bike upright. I've seen some ugly crashes due to smashing the oil pan. Not too sure about what races I'll be attending....It all depends on $$$$$$$$

smile.gif
It sucks to hear about your mishap....but at least you were able to keep the bike upright. I've seen some ugly crashes due to smashing the oil pan.  Not too sure about what races I'll be attending....It all depends on $$$$$$$$
Yeah I did get lucky, but its getting fixed now where it will never happen again. I hope you can make it to the June 11-12 race we will hang out and have a cold one.
cool.gif

Back