Launchin questions

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
I was over at sh.org reading and i read that some guys leave from idle and actully run faster 60' times than if they started at 4k. Is that anyone heres expierence as well. I then went back and watch the vid of the stock busa runnin the 9 in the quater. it didnt sound like he left from high rpms either, but you really cant tell from the stock pipe. Does anyone here leave from neutral?

I would think that leaving at idle would cause the bike to bog down...The only benefit I see is no wheelie or tire spin...I can also see where it might work for some riders depending on the set up of the bike...

I don't see how its possible to get a better launch leaving at idle. maybe they meant that they didn't hold the bike at 4-5k after staging. If you launched at idle, you still gotta open the throttle before you can let out the clutch. if your'e already at 4k, you don't have to wait that little bit of time for the motor to spin up. No drag racers I've ever heard, car or bike, stage at idle.

was the idling on those bikes set high
rock.gif
cos if its at the normal RPM it would fail to launch successfully !!

Well there is a link called my first time out in the drag section of sh.org where people are giving this as advice and i was wondering if it would work?
blush.gif

I was over at sh.org reading and i read that some guys leave from idle and actully run faster 60' times than if they started at 4k. Is that anyone heres expierence as well. I then went back and watch the vid of the stock busa runnin the 9 in the quater. it didnt sound like he left from high rpms either, but you really cant tell from the stock pipe. Does anyone here leave from neutral?
yeah a guy who races at my track runs a built 1k and leaves from idle.

The instant he leaves he goes from idle to WFO(instantly) and slips the clutch. He runs 9.1's at like 155-160.

it works if you know how to do it.

those sound like the times they were discussing?

I tried it Myself..and didn't work out for Me..

What their probably saying..is start at idle and go WOT ASAP anyway,just a different way of launching..

What works for some might not work for otheres!!I kinda throw the clutch out and Go WOT at the same time.. it can make the bike shoot out and up if not done right!!

I start out at like 5-6K though..
biggrin.gif

I used to ride like that on my buddies Busa. I went 9.30 @ 150 with a 1.53 60',it was 1.5" over and made 172-174 hp. I changed my riding when I went to the Jason Miller racing seminar. I leave now @ 4k,It is supposed to make you more consistant leaving at the exact same rpm everytime. I don't thing it made me faster,but it did make me more consistant.

Him, you seem to be very interested in drag racing.....all you need is more practice and not listen to EVERYONE. I'm not saying I'm the one to listen too, everyone has there own riding styles and techniques.You're gonna need to go to the track and try different things. Remember, only make one change at a time. And most important......RELAX!!!!!!!!Don't get too pumped up. Where are you located and what track do you go to? Let me know I will see if I know anyone around there to help you out.

i go to gateway international raceway. I do like to drag race but this started back when i got my mustang v-6
wink.gif
. Thats one of the main reasons i went with teh busa so i can go to the strip. Its frustrating not being able to run what your supposed to run thats why im all ways lookin for suggestions on things i can do to help me get donw the strip faster. i go to gateway international raceway usually on wednesdays, but one of these fridays im gonna go down to carbondale with ludicris speed and mr brown to do some 1/8th mile passes. no need runnin a full quater if i cant get the first 330 feet down huh
blush.gif

yeah, it's definately all about seat time, it took me about 20 passes to get my 60' into the 1.50's. like streaker00 says, you do what works best for you.:)

We are looking forward to seeing him down here. Our local track is a good spot for practicing. My best 60' is 1.72, but not consistent. Best ET 7.29@108, I get better every time. There are a few guys down here that are willing to help a guy out with advice and whatnot, a relaxed friendly atmosphere.

OK if it doesnt rain friday ill be down
blush.gif
. My best 60 was 1.69 but i only ran a 10.412
mad.gif

Him, 1/8 mile tracks are excellent to learn at. Just get some seat time and have fun. Don't worry about who or what kinda bike is in the other lane,it's just YOU trying to tame that beast!!!!!!!!!! Just get comfortable,have fun,and race the clock.

Good luck!!!!!! My computer might be down for a day or so, switching from cable to DSL....Cable is rediculous $$$$$and I need money for racing and my boat.

Jim

OK if it doesnt rain friday ill be down
blush.gif
.  My best 60 was 1.69 but i only ran a 10.412  
mad.gif
Yeah, the weather has been absolutely crappy here lately.........

Brown is right, we have a bunch of cool guys here, most don't have a lot of experience. The track isn't the best on Friday's, but it will work. Our local hotshoe, Hoot, has everyone asking him to ride their bikes. He's gone as quick as a 6.0 something @ 120+ on his stock armed busa.

Let us know when you are coming down!

Back