just lowered the busa today, wow.

ssvincels1

Registered
Finally got around to lowering my 05 today via dogbones/tripletree(3 inches back, 3/4 inch front)
bike's still stock for now
went from a wheelie machine to a tire burner, oh well
it feels good to be able to pin the throttle from the get go and not have to worry about flipping,for now.

dropping a tooth in the front and evo. system might change that correct? i weigh 200 in street clothes
a little more practice and i might be ready for the track

yeah.. affects the handling a bit but hey... if you don't have to worry about wheelies then thats good..

get a turbo and you can have it lowered and still have the wheelie problem
blush.gif

guess I gotta get a longer arm.
smile.gif

I thought about raising mine so that I could go off-road, but I guess if I lower it and pin it, it'll have the same affect...
smile.gif

to a tire burner, oh well
it feels good to be able to pin the throttle from the get go and not have to worry about flipping,for now.
hey man ummm...please dont pin it from the get go no matter how low
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! You can pin it just be READY for anything!!
You can be ready all you want...but you wont have time to do shid
My bike is pinned outta the gate. You just have to be very quick grasshopper.

to a tire burner, oh well
hey man ummm...please dont pin it from the get go no matter how low
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! You can pin it just be READY for anything!!
You can be ready all you want...but you wont have time to do shid
My bike is pinned outta the gate. You just have to be very quick grasshopper.
Find that hard to believe. What do you have keeping you from flipping?

Is the clutch mod allowing you to have it pinned and ease out the clutch?

Is the clutch mod allowing you to have it pinned and ease out the clutch?
The clutch mod just stops the clutch from chattering. I'm actually removing the clutch mod and putting the 03 set up in. I was talking to Mikey Slowe and Ron Hughes and the suggested switching it. Mikey rode my bike last year and said for what my bike is he liked the way I have it set up but would change the clutch. He went 8.95 @ 154 on it with a 1.48 60'. And that was only his second pass on it.It's your left hand that controls the key!

SO what does teh bde clutch mod do? I already have the plates and rings in, the ones that remove the chatter. I was told this mod would make the bike function like it had a cable clutch.
wink.gif
. Oh well. There is a guy at gateway that runs fast as hell i might have him run my bike to see what it can do so i know what to shoot for

If you guys go to the track a lot, you might want to invest in a BDE/Brick or some sort of weight on the front. I ran 6.00~6.10s before I got one and went into the 5.90s for the first time the same week I got it. My 60ft stayed preety much the ame but I'm able to 330ft a lot more consistent.

i've seen that but i though the idea was to lose weight
rock.gif

It helps me "control" the launch better. You are correct about losing weight! I'm sure that if I had a longer arm I could take the "brick" off, put some lightweight wheels on it, gear it a little,and really turn it loose.

Yes, but if you can't use the power you have now because of wheelies. It helps a bunch! You should be WOT by the 60' beam. If you are having to let up because of traction or wheelie, it's killing your times.

I just got a nice sticky tire for mine. Once I see what it does with that, the BRICK is next on my list!
wink.gif

Back