First time at the track on the Busa

bajabug

Registered
Went to the first test day of the year up here at rock falls raceway in wisconson. ended up with some decent times on my stock ride, turnin' my best at 10.5@135 i was pleased with the day. 60's in the 1.7's and whole lot of wheel spin and wheelies. only a couple other bikes there today, a zx-10 and some odd 80's bikes along with a drag busa that couldnt get under 10.8...kinda silly if ya ask me. sry no pics guys maybe next time ill have some taken
smile.gif

im certainly going again!!, i dont think i will bracket race it as im not very consistent yet...i think i figured out why a large amount of the raceing crowd does not like us rocket riders, because when they look at their car that they just dumped 50k plus into it and they are only runnin 12's and then i tell them i have around 6k into mine..
smile.gif
they tend to get a bit angry in hind sight.

Matt

smile.gif

Sounds like you had fun. 1st time? Must be doing well on your launches! Keep it up.
thumbs-up.gif

First time on busa. i took my old 600 a couple times last year, but it does not even compare. My best pass i was able to hold the front up all through first with out backing off(wish i could do that every time!)

Nah no pics at the track, but you could talk to the numerous ppl who took pics of my bike
smile.gif
maybe i should have asked them to email me them, haha.

cool man. those are about the same times I ran the first couple times.

best i ever did.. stock.. was a 10.41@136 or so..

that drag racing stuff is addictive.

I ran at the track today... I couldn't keep the front down to save my life.

best I ran was a 9.5 @ 157
sad.gif

I was running 10.9s my first weekend. Second weekend, got a strap, ran 10.5s, this last weekend, just more practice, ran a 10.18 @ 138. Practice, practice, practice.:)

THose are pretty good 60 footers. i have been facing for some time and just got my 60ft to the 1.6x. but it only happend once

the zx10 that was there was lowered a bit and the rider was a small dude probly around 140 he was getting close to 10 flat. me at 200 on the busa i figure he is around 540 total and im at about a houndred pounds more i can see why he was beatin me... o well.

fst good luck with that about all i can say is mabey alittle gearing change or a slight arm extension i'm still on my quest for low 10's

I was gona pm ya and see what that turbo beast had been running at least you didn't loose any time from when you was stock you can only go quicker from here

<!--EDIT|MidnightBusainSD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115173625 -->

1. set up.
2. Practice,practice,practice !

The two most valuable things I've learned about this track thing. Once they come together, your hell on em !
evil.gif

Back