How quick can a 270lb rider go??

1inchdic

Registered
Hey on a somewhat stock busa how fast can a 270lb rider go. My mods are, Hindle TI race system, Tune, Lowered 1 inch, Dropped 1 tooth, and air shifter.

Now dont laugh but so far its been a 1.97 60', and 10.70 @135. How far off am I???

dont feel bad your about 100 lbs heavier than me and we run damn near the same times

I believe you can go faster, my opinion of course. My first time at the track on a bone stock busa I ran a 10.34 @ 136 and I weighed about 220 at the time.

Yeah I hope I can go faster but 40 lbs killed the Harleys last year in prostock! I cant wait untill I go to the track again!

...hmmm ....
smile.gif

I weigh 275 suited, I ran last thursday....2200 ft altitude, 45 rear sprocket, michelin road race tire (treaded), lowered 2/3 and air shifter. 9.986 @136

1.61 60 ft...

dynoed 152 with a 1.06 correction so its actually lower then that.

I'M 270 5'11" I'VE NEVER RAN 1/4 BUT I DO RUN 1/8TH YOUR 60' SHOULD COME ON DOWN WITH PRACTICE, ON MY BEST RUNS MY 60S ARE IN THE 1.7 RANGE WITH A 6.62 BEING MY BEST TIME FOOT SHIFTING. I ORDERED THE CLUTCH MOD TO FIX THE GRABBIE CLUTH I'M TOLD THAT'S THE BEST THING IF YOU RACE WE'LL SEE THIS WEEKEND AND MAYBE MY AIR SHIFTER WILL BE HERE TOO. 2000 BUSA -1 FRONT +2 REAR LOWERED YOSH CANS AND BOX MOD THAT'S IT SO FAR.

I notice your mph is only 135....... I made a horrible pass on my bike(first time out ever) and I ran 130(with a 11.86 et..... yeah I can't drive) ...... I was hoping my mph was gunna go on up to the high 130's or low 140's next time at the track.

BTW.... I prolly weigh in excess of 300lbs suited up

Josh S.

You'll get a little faster should be able to do 9.8@140 . my guess

well I added the clutch mod (the best thing I've done to it yet it didn't make me much faster but I'm really consistent now) before if the revs were to low the motor would bog if they were to high i'd do a big wheelie made my 60s jump all over the place and the airshifter made launching with both feet on the ground so much easier for a fat guy but the second best mod was when I found out us bigger guys need more torque out of the hole so I went with a 45 rear sprocket. now I run 6.5s in the 8th with low 1.6 in the 60s get the mod if nothing else you'll see oh and I weigh 270 with my leathers on. good luck

WHOA!! You big assed guys need parachutes for the other end of the track!!!!!  Hey, I'm pushing the 3 spins on the scale mark too so I can say that.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115714536 -->

smileyexhibit.gif
blush.gif
yeah and these midget are kickin my ass got to have more power, nitrous here we come oh and if one of you guys got a muzzy 4into1 I'd like to know what kind of power you guys are making

Back