New Personal Best

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Well tonight was my second time taking the Busa to the local 1/8 Dragstrip.

I got 9 runs in.
What a blast!

The best was the second run... and it is my new personal best overall run.
R/T............563
60'.............1.745 (here is where I really need to improve)
330'...........4.481
1/8............6.555
MPH...........126.33

R/T ranging from .563 - .940
60' ranging from 1.692 - 1.818
330' ranging from 4.395 - 4.545
E/T (1/8) ranging from 6.502 - 6.644
MPH ranging from 114.30 - 126.33

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

Cecil, what did the other guy run? I think its time you got serious man, get the stick tire mounted and the wheelie bar mounted, your bike will easily go in the 5's, but you've got to be able to leave the tree under boost and get a descent 60 foot, by my mustang experience, every 10th you can gain in the 60ft, is 2 10ths in the big end, so go ahead man and utilize all that boost and smoke some arse! Nice pics by the way! If you want me to hook you up with my guy that campaigns a funny bike, PM me, He knows about turbo bike drag racing and all that stuff, he leaves the line with 30 pounds of boost and brings in a 250 shot of juice within 5 seconds, 6 second quarters! He's a real nice guy and will answer any and all questions. NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112269366 -->

Doggone double posts! Sorry.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112269447 -->

that weird... I ran my bike (non boosted) all last summer. about the same 60', 4.3 330'

still ran 6.48 @ 114 or so.

your trap speed is 12mph higher but yet a slower time. I would think with boost you could get there quicker. You having wheelie problems?

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112270340 -->

that weird... I ran my bike (non boosted) all last summer.  about the same 60', 4.3 330'

still ran 6.48  @  114 or so.

your trap speed is 12mph higher but yet a slower time.  I would think with boost you could get there quicker.  You having wheelie problems?
Only his 2nd or so visit to the track...He'll break into to 5's soon...

Thanks all.

Yes, this was my second trip to the track in two decades.

Currently the bikes potentaial far exceeds mine.

6 of 9 passes I went through the trap up-on-one wheel.

It wasn't spinning like last time... but I was short shifting in an attempt to keep it on the ground.

There was a guy on a GSXR1K running 1.5 60', 114mph and turning 5.,8 ET's all night.

Keep in mind I have a top-end gearing right now and lowered compression... it's tough to launch without becoming arguably uncontrollable.

I will get it... it will take more practice.

Regardless... I am having an absolute blast!

Got the 6" over swingarm getting powder coated as we speak..
The 18/45 sprockets and 160 link chain are ready to be mounted.
The new swivel pick-up low profile oil pan is also ready to be installed.
Waiting for UPS to deliver my new SOUPY special lowering links and a few other goodies.

Slammin her down... stretchin her out... and gearing her tall... it's on!

cool.gif

Thanks all.

Yes, this was my second trip to the track in two decades.

Currently the bikes potentaial far exceeds mine.

6 of 9 passes I went through the trap up-on-one wheel.

It wasn't spinning like last time... but I was short shifting in an attempt to keep it on the ground.

There was a guy on a GSXR1K running 1.5 60', 114mph and turning 5.,8 ET's all night.

Keep in mind I have a top-end gearing right now and lowered compression... it's tough to launch without becoming arguably uncontrollable.

I will get it... it will take more practice.

Regardless... I am having an absolute blast!

Got the 6" over swingarm getting powder coated as we speak..
The 18/45 sprockets and 160 link chain are ready to be mounted.
The new swivel pick-up low profile oil pan is also ready to be installed.
Waiting for UPS to deliver my new SOUPY special lowering links and a few other goodies.

Slammin her down... stretchin her out... and gearing her tall... it's on!

cool.gif
Now your TALK'N!!!!!!! Good Luck with it!!!!!

I want to know how the 18/45 gearing works out with a stretched rear.

Test and tune nights every Thursday night at Bradenton Motorsports Park from 6 - 11. 1/4 mile NHRA sanctioned track. They clean the track twice during the night and it is prepped correctly. You WILL hook up! Plus you'll get the thrill of doing 150+ in the 1/4 mile. My stocker ran 147 do Your turbo will crest 150 easily. Before you re-gear try a longer track. Here's a link to view their schedule of events... De Soto

Test and tune nights every Thursday night at Bradenton Motorsports Park from 6 - 11. 1/4 mile NHRA sanctioned track. They clean the track twice during the night and it is prepped correctly. You WILL hook up! Plus you'll get the thrill of doing 150+ in the 1/4 mile. My stocker ran 147 do Your turbo will crest 150 easily. Before you re-gear try a longer track. Here's a link to view their schedule of events... De Soto
I am really looking forward to running through the 1/4
wink.gif

Currently I am in Grad School and have a study group every Thursday.
In four weeks I will be off for summer break... should be able to get down there then.

I have heard great things about DeSoto... haven't been there in close to 20 years.

Back