Lunches

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, I'm terrified of looping it off the line so I take my damn sweet time coming off the line. Like an OLD man.

Jeez. It's embarrassing. Do I need counselling?

Any suggestions on riding it off the line would be a help. Once I'm rolling, I have no problem hitting it pretty hard. It's just that initial pop.

Or should I just go to the the walker now?

(Hobble, hobble, hobble.)

--Wag--

Man I'm hungry..What are we having??LOL

But yes you can flip over..a buddie of mine did..Just lower your bike and practice!!

as long as the tires isn't spinning coming off the line you won't loop it really fast.

you'll feel it start coming up and you can back off before it goes to hi. just crack it wipe open and just feather your clutch to manage your acceleration.

Clutch game then, eh?

I can prob'ly do that.

--Wag--

just about the perfect launch for stock wheelbase, lowered........

image006.jpg

With stock sprockets and wheelbase, I try to hold the throttle at 4000-4500 and slip the clutch quite a bit, increasing the throttle as I slip the clutch and approach full release.  This is what I "try", I still suck.
laugh.gif

With stock sprockets and wheelbase, I try to hold the throttle at 4000-4500 and slip the clutch quite a bit, increasing the throttle as I slip the clutch and approach full release.  This is what I "try", I still suck.
laugh.gif
Looking for an emptry parking lot in which to practice.

--Wag--

This may be a little high, but when I was at sea level with the stock busa I was launching at 7,000 rpm. I give it full throtle and feather the clutch with the front tire skimming the ground. Can't remember my 60ft times but I was running 10.3s bone stock, prob could have done better but it was my first and only time at the track.

those wheelies aren't as bad as your making them seem in your mind..

3rd time I went to the strip my rear was about gone so it kept spinning coming off the line.. till they put that traction compound stuff down...

hehe.. 5000 RPM, and letting it out pretty quick,, plus expecting the rear to spin... wheelies are quite unexpected in this situation.. hahah

WHAM i went fron horizontal to about a 2 o'clock wheelie in the first 3 inches. Rolled out a little and it started coming back down.. so my brain said.. ok... back in the throttle ya' wussie.. when straight back up to about 3oclock,, hehe then did it again to about 4 oclock.. hehe.

still ran about a 10.7 err something aroudn there.

don't worry about it so much.. if it starts coming up your throttle hand'll prolly react faster than your brain realizes suppin' ain't right with the horizon.

I know thats what happened with mine.. haha my hand was saying.. ROLL OUT MAVERICK!.. while my brain was saying.. TIME TO GET BACK ON IT GOOSE!

thus I turned my 'busa into a yo-yo for the first 60-70 feet.

thus I turned my 'busa into a yo-yo for the first 60-70 feet.
Scary image. Just what I'm trying to chicken out on.

I'll get it together, though. Been takin' it a little more aggressive the last few days but certainly not what I'd do if I were using a local parking lot.

--Wag--

YOu should try taping yourself also...a good video from the side will show you jsut what your doing and show you you can launch harder. Everything on a bike seems worse than when youre looking at it from the stands
wink.gif

Hey E do you have some actuall moving footage. Im lookin at your pic and i see your clutch is still in. I have questions about pinning the throttle and working the clutch at the same time
blush.gif

How much of a beating will the clutch be able to tolerate over time?

--Wag--

depends on how much you slip it & hot-lap it.

my stocker bike has 8k miles on stock clutch and no probs yet! (knock)

Back