1/4 mile abuse

2005BigBoy

Registered
I plan on doing some 1/4 mile racing when the weather gets better. It has been mentioned here by Ninja Eater and a few others that drag racing is very hard on your bike. I was just wondering exactly how it is hard on the bike i.e., which parts is racing hard on and why. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Well,I would say a night out beating the crap out of your bike could be worse..

At the track besides the launch,You are only beating it for about 9 seconds at a time,and after the 1/4 You are coasting and the bike gets time to kool off..So I don't thinks it too bad..

I like Hot lapping Myself..Just last night I made 4 passes back to back Spraying NOS too and have made 20 passes back to back On My 600..other than the clutch feeling a little weak after the 20 passes on the 600..the bikes runs perfect..

And after the track I always treat My bike to a oil change and a good cleainng..It makes Me feel like I erased the beating i gave it!!

I have about 200 passes on another Busa I race..Knock on wood Not one problem!!..even the original clutch still perfect!!

But for the most part unless you hurt the clutch..I don't think the 1/4 is too hard on most bikes..And there kinda built for road racing anyway..not thats a beating..8k all day long!!And braking hard and revving the bike threw the RMP range all day..

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

If like E you cant affored to throw 4 quarts of synthetic in every time you go to the track...you should change the oil more frequently i change every 1500 Miles. And clean and adjust your chain too

It is not the 9 seconds that beats the bike up, but the first 60 feet.

Clutch
sprokets (front and rear)
chain
Output shaft (when increasing the hp)

Depends how you snap it out of the whole. Assuming you are there to better your times you will be launching hard. You will just be replacing more parts more often.

Back