First time at the 1/4 mile

cbibb

Registered
Piggybacking off my other thread, I ran a 6.2 at 114 1/8 mile after not touching the strip in over 15 years (5 times at the track my wholelife). Tonight was my first time at the 1/4 ever. Only got to run one pass (tons of break downs at the track). Ran a 9.6 at 141 (6.1/116 1/8th mile) with a 1.5 60 foot. This was still foot shifting after I have been trying to figure out an airshifter problem. Think I got the issue figured out so hopefully can start working on 60 foot times and getting comfortable on the bike. Absolutely addicted to the track!!!

Kool.
I wanna get out this year.
First and last time i was on a track it was with my CBX 7.80 in a 1/8 at around 100
Wonder what my 174 HP ( rear wheel ) will do ?

Prob do pretty darn good! Hopefully got my air shifter issue worked out today (will find out next Wed.) Got some tips from my tuner last night (Turbo Johhny Dobrin). I have been launching at around 5000, and he said I was bogging off the line. Suggested I bump up the launch rpm because of my weight and see what happens. Im 230 in shorts and tank top (prob 245 in gear). So going to try that on Wed and see if I do any better. Completely hooked already!!

Back