Drag racing a turbo ?

C_Henry

Registered
Who's drag racing a turbo bike ? How fast you going ? Just curious bout the track side of turbo's . Thanks !

So, is it hard to set up a turbo bike for the track ? I run the 1/8mi , so would it be harder to run a turbo than a NOS big block ? Questions for the experienced ninja e.

It's hard to setup a bike to run at the track period...Just like setting up a stocker straps, lowering the rear, suspension, what type fuel, etc...Your not going to hop on a boosted bike and expect to run great times...If you have a stock bike setup to run and apply boost, bore and/or nos you can expect to go back to the drawing board...Simply put more power different action from the bike and that's where the adjustments begin so basically you would need to rethink everything you had setup from the stock application...Your launched rpm's may even change...I haven't really had a great opportunity to run mine because of the issues it had but the bike has the potential to do great things I however don't know that I have the desire to make it do so...Our track should open soon and I'm getting a few small items addressed on the bike that should eliminate the problem I was having in the 60' and the 1/8th time should drop and speed increase...So in a nutshell the application of any major HP increase may call for you having to undo everything you had done and start anew...  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108733949 -->

You all are so right.
I don't Drag too.

I asked my Busa and guess what , she wants to live a little longer too.

Drag races tear your Busa apart.

Besides , having a not extended Turbo Busa , it is a major problem for the front to stay on the ground.

Have no low or high boost switch.
Just FULL BOOST.

But i prefer the Powerwheelie for the Drag.
To controll the Power wheelie is also much fun.

Nice to talk about Turbo Busa here.
So many wonderful Turbo Busa drivers.
Thanks.

It's hard to setup a bike to run at the track period...Just like setting up a stocker straps, lowering the rear, suspension, what type fuel, etc...Your not going to hop on a boosted bike and expect to run great times...If you have a stock bike setup to run and apply boost, bore and/or nos you can expect to go back to the drawing board...Simply put more power different action from the bike and that's where the adjustments begin so basically you would need to rethink everything you had setup from the stock application...Your launched rpm's may even change...I haven't really had a great opportunity to run mine because of the issues it had but the bike has the potential to do great things I however don't know that I have the desire to make it do so...Our track should open soon and I'm getting a few small items addressed on the bike that should eliminate the problem I was having in the 60' and the 1/8th time should drop and speed increase...So in a nutshell the application of any major HP increase may call for you having to undo everything you had done and start anew...  
biggrin.gif
Yea, the questions asked were assuming basic set up was already done. Guess I'll just get one and see for myself.

I'm gonna guess if setup properly with everything that we have discussed at say 6pds of boost roughly 250hp the bike with a damn good rider should run 5.7's/5.8's @ 125mph/128mph...There's no mathematical equations used just a good guess...

Back