confused about new purchace

quikgixx

Registered
I am going to sell my 04  gsxr 1000 this week and I have a decision to make maybe you guys could help me with.I raced a hayabusa that was lowered and extended 6" I was intimadated to say the least.well it went like this,we both got a good launch I slipped the hell out of the clutch and kept the front down,the busa didnt hook up that great so he had to try and run me down and I just kept pulling away.then we did a second gear roll and I still kicked his ass.I thought for sure he would run me down.granted I weigh 170lbs and he weighs  215.am I better off keeping my 1000 and putting an extended swing arm on it,I have a Yosh duplex and trioval exhaust,power commander and bmc filter on it and if I buy a new bike I would have to start from scratch again.any suggestions will be great,thanks  oh yeah I like this board it is pretty cool

its all about whats comfortable for you. Do you know if he was a good rider, or were you simply racing the bike? See if you can find someone that will let you ride their busa for a short bit and then make a decision

its all about whats comfortable for you.  Do you know if he was a good rider, or were you simply racing the bike?  See if you can find someone that will let you ride their busa for a short bit and then make a decision
that would be cool if i could do that, a friend of mine has a 99 busa and says he will let me ride it as soon as he puts a new tire on it.it is pretty much stock but has twin yosh rs3 cans on it.maybe another roll with a different busa so I can see if it was just the rider.

I think it was a combo of the rider skill and weight.

Yeah thats most busa riders here too, only bike that can haul them, but when you get a little dude on them the whip as

Its hard to stick a good launch with a 6" arm unless you know what you're doing . I'm VERY confident in my riding skill , and I always say "at any time , any rider , on any bike , could beat me" . Hasn't happened yet but s__t happens.
biggrin.gif

Come ride with me one time..........I'll make ya buy one!  JK.....seriously though....if you prefer less of an attack riding position and lots of torque+hp, get a Busa.

That dude must have been garbage too! A stretched and lowered Busa should have busted a 1000 up in a straight.

<!--EDIT|busahigg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107837468 -->

Well you left out a lot of things like what time did you run and so on...Based on what you posted (I repeat what you posted) I see no reason for you to swap bikes...Then the next question would be what do you want the bike to do for you in the long run???Curves, track, strip, etc...The 1k is a worthy bike...
evil.gif

keep the Gixxer, and get a used Busa and stick a stage two on there. No one will be able to touch you. And welcome to the board:;):

well i just totaled my 1000.tuesday and i might get a busa anyways.can you guys steer me in the right direction as far as perfomance upgrades(exhaust systems,fi mods,airbox mods,smog mods)i want to keep it naturally aspirated,any advice will be awesome thanks.i want to kick some ass in the 1/4.

Well you left out a lot of things like what time did you run and so on...Based on what you posted (I repeat what you posted) I see no reason for you to swap bikes...Then the next question would be what do you want the bike to do for you in the long run???Curves, track, strip, etc...The 1k is a worthy bike...  
evil.gif
Ive ran 10.30's and my best mph was 141.it is a ##### to drag race a gsxr1000,it wants to wheelie like a mo fo.anyways im getting a busa next week.i like the twisties but i need to slow down up in the hills anyway.the busa will suit my needs as far as dragracing is concerned.plus it is a better riding position for the long trips i want to take.

well i just totaled my 1000.tuesday and i might get a busa anyways.can you guys steer me in the right direction as far as perfomance upgrades(exhaust systems,fi mods,airbox mods,smog mods)i want to keep it naturally aspirated,any advice will be awesome thanks.i want to kick some ass in the 1/4.
Go you will find everything you need to make you busa a beast. The BDE Hindle is one of the best drag racing pipes on the market. Brock will also load a map in the PC for you and his site has the instructions for the air box mod. I ran 6.20's @ 120mph in the 1/8 (thats about mid 9.40's in the 1/4) with my busa its got the BDE pipe, PCIIIR, Air box mod, 16 tooth front sprocket, and lowered, bone stock motor (never even had a cover off) and also stock wheelbase.

thanks for the info blue streak im going to buy the package deal from brocks it looks like a killer deal and i like what brock has to say about his products.

Go you will find everything you need to make you busa a beast. The BDE Hindle is one of the best drag racing pipes on the market. Brock will also load a map in the PC for you and his site has the instructions for the air box mod. I ran 6.20's @ 120mph in the 1/8 (thats about mid 9.40's in the 1/4) with my busa its got the BDE pipe, PCIIIR, Air box mod, 16 tooth front sprocket, and lowered, bone stock motor (never even had a cover off) and also stock wheelbase.
Streak i take it you've been racing for some time huh. I have the same mods and only ran a 10.41. You guys vets should put a disclaimer on your post saying how long you've been riding so a newbie like myself doesnt get all disappointed casue we're suckin as where the next guy is kicking as

You guys vets should put a disclaimer on your post saying how long you've been riding so a newbie like myself doesnt get all disappointed casue we're suckin as where the next guy is kicking as
okay, spent less than $1k in parts/mods, and ran a 9.39 @ 146 last year.... been racin for 2yrs.

You guys vets should put a disclaimer on your post saying how long you've been riding so a newbie like myself doesnt get all disappointed casue we're suckin as where the next guy is kicking as
okay, spent less than $1k in parts/mods, and ran a 9.39 @ 146 last year.... been racin for 2yrs.
See like that...now i know that when i take my hindparts to the track since i've been racing a little over a week i have no chance of running a 9.3 out the gate.

Back