Botched launch

vincent

What blue lights?
Donating Member
Registered
Went to the track today ( 1/8th mile ) and only got 2 runs in.  The first one started out pretty good until I shifted into second.  The back of the bike started coming around on me so I had to get out of it.

Second run, lined up at the tree against a guy that is notorious for red lighting.  We both staged, lights started counting down and he took off on the second yellow.  Lifted the front tire only to slam it back down and damn near stalled the bike.  I sat there dumfounded, shook my head, and then looked again at the lights.  I had a green and had no idea of how long it had been there so took off.  Ended up running a 7.203 with a damned 2.446 60 ft.

All in all not that great of a day, out of being at the track for just under 4 hours only had the 2 runs so wasn't too thrilled and took off about 45 minutes after the second one.  Could definately tell it was the first day of the season on this track.

<!--EDIT|vincent
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107124193 -->

Makes you wish you had stayed at the house...
evil.gif

You probably would have still beaten me. I never have mastered the launch the way I would like. I either lift the front too high and have to let off, or get too cautious with the clutch and take off like a grandmother in a Towncar. Once in a while I get that perfect launch, but not very often.

there are times during the summer when not many bikes or cars are at the track and I've gotten 23 runs done in 4 hrs.
laugh.gif

Back