Popped off a couple of good runs last night at:

60' - 1.61
1/8th - 6.30 @ 113.7 mph

60' - 1.60
1/8th - 6.29 @ 113.9 mph

60' - 1.59
1/8th - 6.33 @ 114.5 mph

The rest were on an average of mid to upper 6.5's - 6.7's

Those are some really good times...You've more than likely posted mods but would you do so again...
evil.gif

I ran in Albany Georgia last weekend and pulled off a 6.18 @ 118mph in the 1/8th mile at their track.
My mods are as follows:
<ul>
[*]ext. swingarm set at 4" over
[*]airbox mod
[*]K&N Air filter
[*]Custom Mapped
[*]PCIII
[*]Air shifter
[*]Shift light
[*]1 down in the front
[*]3 up in the rear
[*]BD clutch modification
[*]lowered
[*]M/T shootout rear tire
[*]Brock Davidson street version Megaphone Exhaust
[*]Muzzy Radiator Fan
[*]Clutch Slave Support
[*]Front End Strap
[*]and last but not least....I only way 155 lbs soakn' wet
[/list]
I haven't done any engine work and there is no sprayin' here either.

<!--EDIT|Rocket Rider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108765608 -->

with a supposed 179 hp, I ran 6.6 in the eighth at 119 miles per hour, but thats been a year and a half ago, not to mention I weight 250 and had stock gears

sounds like to me maybe you got off to a very slow start and then gained some major speed towards the end of the track.
What was you 60 footer?
My exact times were:
reaction time: .70 (sucked)
60' time: 1.574 (best ever for me)
330' time: 4.095
et @ 594' time: 5.80
1/8th mile time: 6.187
1/8th mile mph: 118.18

Hate to say it but with that length, you should be MUCH faster!
sad.gif
You are running what stock length, slammed Busa's run! You should be High 5's for sure in the 1/8-mile!

How do you launch? Do you get wheel spin? How much PSI in the tire? Are you popping the clutch? What? Your 60' isn't bad but you are loosing your drive somewhere! Maybe it's to long for your HP/TQ level!?!?!
rock.gif

I see you are stock motor/exhaust also....try taking off the cannisters. Just the mufflers off will drop a lot of weight at the track.

I actually forgot a few mods on the list...
I have installed a Brock Davidson Street Version Megaphone Exhaust.
All of these mods are new and was installed all at once. I am still learning to ride it with all of the added mods. I have only been to the strip an estimate 3 times and getting an average of 5-7 runs per visit. I'll definately drop the times as I get more used to it. I also have the front end strapped down now. I haven't ran with it yet but plan on it this Saturday.
I also run about 10-14 psi in the rear and yes I do have a slight problem with it hooking up on occasions. There again the more I ride...the better I'll get.
I'm also going from a 600f4i to a Busa.....Huge difference that I have to get used to.

I think your times are very good...Afterall your not spraying, no boost and no motor work...Your weight is helping alot...
evil.gif

oh...trust me, I know whats possible. I just have to get there. I know that I have alot of mods for the times that I'm running but...I ran it 1 day (est.8 times) had all of the mods added to it and have only ran it another 15 times down the strip. The very first time was a 7.8 in the 1/8th totaly stock. So within an estimated 15-20 runs I have went from mid to high 7's to very low 6's.
Just as I was trying to get used to the busa from a 600, I went and changed up the busa and basically had to start trying to get the hang of it all over again.
I post up times to get exactly what I'm getting from you guys....your input. Thanks for the .02.

Rocket Rider,
For comparison:
I ran a 6.17 @ 121.47 Sunday at Rockingham, NC.
I weighed 190 completely suited; bike weighed 535 for a total of 725 lbs.

Mods:  Brock Gen-3 pipe, air lid (no filter), 16-40 sprockets, rear lowered 2", front end strapped, seat cut 2", clutch mod, air shifter, stock wheelbase, shinko tire.  Motor is stock with over 12,000 miles.

It actually was a bad run.  My 60-ft was only 1.66 and 330 was 4.14.

The 1/4-mile numbers were 9.43 @ 149.08 mph.

Hope this helps and have fun.

Hate to say it but with that length, you should be MUCH faster!
sad.gif
  You are running what stock length, slammed Busa's run!  You should be High 5's for sure in the 1/8-mile!

How do you launch?  Do you get wheel spin?  How much PSI in the tire?  Are you popping the clutch?  What?  Your 60' isn't bad but you are loosing your drive somewhere!  Maybe it's to long for your HP/TQ level!?!?!
rock.gif

I see you are stock motor/exhaust also....try taking off the cannisters.  Just the mufflers off will drop a lot of weight at the track.
I agree with Stunnah. There are those few who can do 5's stk wheele base. But i think your doing great ! Your right where alot of guys are with about the same mods that i see at my 1/8mi track. Me personally, i have only seen one 5 out of a stk wheel base busa. And he had a 1397, wheelling through 1st. Also, how much hidden weight are these 5 sec busa's got ? I'd bet there's alot more to these than meets the eye. Just like the 60 inch bikes that do what seems impossible to the naked eye. Oh, if we could only see whats under all that plastic....
rock.gif

rock.gif

My buddy rides a blk/silv 99 with yosh drop ins, a BDE, 16/40 airshifter, lowered to the last hole in rear, strapped in front, Shinko rear, stock wheelbase and brock's brick

His best ET is 6.05 He isn't a jockey either, he weighs 170-180......

I'm going to Gainesville this Saturday for my qualifying passes. This will be the first time on a 1/4 mile track...I'm just guessing that my 1/8th mile time will improve there without having to worry about the sudden stop after the 1/8th mile mark at the Jax, fl track.
I'm hoping to hit upper 5's in the 1/8th time with some mid 9's in the 1/4.

Also, how much hidden weight are these 5 sec busa's got ?  I'd bet there's alot more to these than meets the eye.
what do you mean by "hidden weight"?
Some of the really fast guys add weight ballast under the front to help launch harder/faster and keep the front end on the ground.

Heck....the 1000SS bikes run over 30lbs. to meet the minimum weight requirements. That's one of the main reasons they are running so quick. It isn't even close to a stock bike.....lots of little tricks!

Back