can my hobby bring in some cash

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
I was wanting to know how to go about making money in drag racing? Now if i dont have big bore, gas, or turbo should i scrap the whole idea. Is there money in racing only stock bikes?

I wouldn't think so. Making money racing requires sponsors and I doubt if there would be enough prestige in stock bikes.

The only way your going to make any money with a stock motored bike is bracket racing and you have to be on your game to win that and its also not very much money. Now if you had a big ganster motor or turbo you could do some grudge racing and make or possibly loose thousands of dollars a race.
smile.gif

The only way your going to make any money with a stock motored bike is bracket racing and you have to be on your game to win that and its also not very much money. Now if you had a big ganster motor or turbo you could do some grudge racing and make or possibly loose thousands of dollars a race.
smile.gif
Ditto on that!!!
The only way to make money in bike racing is GRUDGE racing or if you weigh 130 #'s or less and run NHRA Prostock.

depends on which event you bracket race!!! some cash payouits are nice, i won 700 at one event last year. good bit o' money to me

practice is your best best.... if you're running insane times... sponsors might to start noticing you..... worth a shot.:cool:

You dont have to run insane times to win money bracket racing. If you can run on your dial(which is very difficult to do), you are then very hard to beat.This my friend takes practice!!!!But, if you can run your dial, or within the specified breakout allowance if there is one, and you can cut a descent light, then that makes you very difficult to beat!!! The name of the game in bracket racing is consistentcy, you can have the slowest bike out there, but if you can run the same time every pass,and you know you can run the same time every pass, then this makes you 90% of the time the man to beat.:;): Hope this helps.NJ.

Another option: Street racing....However I dont recommend this route.Having said that,If you can consistently leave the line before your opponent, and you can get your bike to hook,he'll have to run you down....alot of times guys will break traction trying to catch up on someone that left on em....Bare in mind, most states, if they catch you street racing, will sieze your bike,possible jail time,and some serious points on your license if you're convicted as charged. Can you say out of this world insurance premiums?
rock.gif

Yeah i just found out about ET racing and i think its the thing for me only 30 bucks to enter too.

As far as street racing i've seen it too. not willing to try it because the street they race on has so many damn pot holes and grates missing. Have heared of several people being killed because their bikes bottomed out and their straps broke. The extending of the forks threw them off and that's all she wrote. Called Hall Street in STL. Also i were to do that i'd get my engine bored so everyone would think i was running a stock bike. Called hustlin
cool.gif

You dont have to run insane times to win money bracket racing. If you can run on your dial(which is very difficult to do), you are then very hard to beat.This my friend takes practice!!!!But, if you can run your dial, or within the specified breakout allowance if there is one, and you can cut a descent light, then that makes you very difficult to beat!!! The name of the game in bracket racing is consistentcy, you can have the slowest bike out there, but if you can run the same time every pass,and you know you can run the same time every pass, then this makes you 90% of the time the man to beat.:;): Hope this helps.NJ.
If you can become a good bracket racer it will be hard to defeat you...And as mention it's not the fastest bike but the most consistent time...If you search there's money to be made without the big pots or straight up grudge racing...On test and tune you could set up a small grudge race maybe a benjamin or so...Before you know it your loot has grown...
evil.gif

Street racing is too dangerous...Although we have all done it...The only advice I can give on it is that it has to been on a well maintained and isolate street...We've got a few of those here that we call "Trick Alleys" we race and practice on those...
evil.gif

I used to make a killing at the track bracket racing. as long as you are consistent the money is there. i ran a gsxr600. dialed in 11.0.... always run the big bikes, 9 secs or less. you leave first they have to catch you and beat you without breaking their dial in. that is unbelievably hard to do! trust me i lost a race last year to a girl running a 13.6 in the 1/4 mile. i sprayed a 30 shot and she still beat me!

Back