Quater mile

hefty01

Registered
I have an 04 busa all standard just wondering what times to expect . Only been out to drags once 10.9 seconds but was way to slow 60 foot times between 2 and 2.2 seconds . What rpm do you suggest leaving at any advice greatly appreciated.

First time out, most are lucky if they get in the 10's! Not because of the bike but first time, getting use to the lights, traction, etc.... since you have already done that, you can only improve from there.

With a better launch depending on your weight you can get in the 9's BONE STOCK! Otherwise it might take a few mods if your much over 200+lbs.

As for launching, just slip the clutch as you rev it out. You should have the clutch out and be full throttle before you hit the 60" beam. You should be able to get low 1.7 60" at stock height. With it lowered some are in the low 1.5's but I have only gotten low 1.6's my self.
wink.gif

Josh
cool.gif

Good advice, Josh. Hefty1, what r you launching at? I started out at like 2500rpm, and as I got better, I launched at 5000....slipping the clutch. I've only just started draggin' my busa, but by the end of the night on my 1st time out I was running 9.8's launching at 5000. Good luck, and let us know next time out!!

Thanks for the advice guys i am 225 pounds and launching at about 2000 rpm need to practice slipping clutch and launching from line at higher rpm. Hopefully going to drags on saturday night if rain holds of will let you know how i go.

It's kind of hard to explain but I have had better results by launching at a lower RPM(1,500) and then just barely slipping it as I role the throttle on. It seems like you are launching higher up but that is just when the lever is fully released(5,000+).

Also, make sure you get as snug against the tank as possible and in a tuck while at the line. That way your aren't moving your body around during the launch/first 60" and possibly upsetting the bike or shocking a wheelie.

Remember you clutch needs to be released completely by the 60" beem! That is a damn smooth and quick lauch to get that done. Watch a few of the other guys going fast at your track and see what they do different than you.

Second time at drags 10.9 seconds 60 foot time still to slow 1.9 seconds need more practice maybe change front sprocket to 16 and try again , not leaving the line hard enough some of you guys are doing great times . I was beaten by a guy on a zx10 running 10.2 seconds. Help me !!!!!!!!!!!!

I launch at 6,000 and slip away. My best short time is a 1.64. I know I can do better but launching any harder would either brake the tire loose or wheelie. I got a Mickey and am extending.... hoping for 1.5 60'....

Went back to drags ran 10.6 at 135 mph only third time out 60 foot times still 1.8 seconds but getting better launching at about 5000 rpm some of you guys are doing great times . All stock just 16 on front still seem to be down on mph any advice appreciated as only new at this.Thanks for any help.

I noticed a lot of you saying slip the clutch. but when i launch it seems like the clutch is either in or out and theres no inbetween. Is the point where it engages and disengages near the end of releasing the clutch
rock.gif

im not consistant at all on my fastest on i turned a 1.843 and finished the quater in 10.513 but i only weigh about 165
wink.gif

Still good times is your bike stock i am about about 250 pounds and i can not even get close to the times some of the guys are running way down on mph.

hefty...You just need more track time...After you've made more and more passes you'll start to get the hang of leaving the line...
evil.gif

Well this was last year i was running dual D and Ds...pieces of crap and a map from powdercommander .com. Bike was straped with tire from 2001.

Now i have a full Brock system with a map from brock. Ram air seal mod pirelli diablos in the rear clutch mod and i have adjustable links so hopefully this will help out some. I'm wating till the track opens before i get my rear sprocket. Those times were my first run at the track

Still good times is your bike stock i am about about 250 pounds and i can not even get close to the times some of the guys are running way down on mph.
We weigh the same...Unless you have excellent skills (which will develope over time) the lighter weigh riders will have better times and higher speeds...Just the nature of the beast...
evil.gif

Stunnah what times are you running and is your bike standard i think you are right only had about 15 runs so practice will improve just dissapointing when you see some of the times that the guys are running

i ran 10.2 my first time out. I can't get my 60' time down low enough... I run around 1.7's short time.

average 9.90's all day long.

been a few 9.80's and a 9.70

The bike will run 9:50-9:60 stock,with a sticky tire and a descent rider.

Stunnah what times are you running and is your bike standard i think you are right only had about 15 runs so practice will improve just dissapointing when you see some of the times that the guys are running
Yeah it's stock...hehehe...Just has a Velocity Stage 1 street system bolted on...6" over arm and strapped up front, lowered in the rear...Geared 16/42...
evil.gif

You'll get better don't sweat it...

I'm 5'-10" @ 155lbs. I have a few bolt ons and my first time ever at the 1/4 mile track 9.64 @140 mph (and I was having a very hard time with traction that day). I have ran on 1/8th mile tracks and have gotten as low as 6.17 in the 1/8th. It will get better with experience.

Back