5.88 SECOND QUARTER MILE PASSES???!!!!

Power225

Registered
Did you guys all know about Larry Mcbride? I just found out about him, and was very impressed. He holds the Motorcycle Quarter mile record.

His Best Times are
1/4 Mile= 5.88 @ 243.59 (Dinwiddie, VA 03)
1/8 Mile= 3.877 @ 218.2 (Dinwiddie, VA 03)
60 Ft.= 1.007 (Brainard, MN 03)
A video of his 5.88 second quarter mile pass is posted on uponone.com under the video section, it is one of the speed videos. WOW!

Actually the video on uponone.com says 5.654 Second pass at 235MPH, and I'm not sure if it is Larry McBride

Does it say what kind of mods he has. His 60ft times look like mine

race.gif

Uh, I've met him on a couple of occasions, he's a friend of one of my friends who races a funny bike,nice modest guy. He gets his name "Spider Man" because when he goes down the track, he's all over the bike like a spider.If get a chance to see one of his passes in slow motion, you'll see what I mean.His bike is a supercharged nitro top fuel bike making in the neighborhood of about 1400 horsepower.There are only a few guys who are running this fast,unfortunately his class doesn't get the recognition they deserve unlike the prostock class.Everybody knows who Angelle Seeling, Antron Brown, Matt Hines and the like are,Because of the corporate sponsorship they receive.Should you get a chance to meet him, he's a very approachable guy and will answer any and all questions that you might have.

Get this dvd and see for yourself. Along with all the rest of the classes. Streetbike Shootout is my favorite, along with Funnybike...

What's amazing is how cool Larry is, his shop is down the street from my house and you can stop in and ask him anything anytime. Great guy to know, if he doesnt know he always is willing to point you in the right direction!

They can call that thing a Kawasaki if they won't to, but the only thing that's kawasaki is that sticker they pay him to put on there.

He's an awesome guy alright... down here with the drag racing crowd, Larry is I guess the most popular name.

Back