getting down the track

Sancho

Registered
I was wondering if anyone had some info on some mods I am planning. I allready have a full hindle system, TRE elim., and lowered. It dynoed at 161 hp. I just bought the NLR 2 step, Mickey Thompson shootout, up 3 teeth on the rear, and new chain. I am also going to buy an air shifter, and get extended. I want a full arm but don't know where to go. Myrtle west seems oK? I am thinking of going 6-10 over. I ran consistent 9.90's last year on a Battle axe. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Damn getting ready to purchase a 6in over from TracDynamics
As far as tire goes I cant help. Gearing seems like a touchy subject too but I have heard a 16 tooth front is all you need for a redline 4th gear through the traps. Let me know what works best for you cause I'm curious

6-10" arm may be a little long you will get alot of wheel spin...2-8" will do just fine and 4 is a good starting point...I use a Shinko R003 good tire for track and street...I'm also geared 16/42 love it for the street and track...

shinkoR003.jpg

I would get Spencercycle to extend a gsxr 600 arm for you. That way you can slam the bike without the top brace hitting the battery box. I would get a 0-6 arm that way you can choose which wheelbase is best for you, 4 over is all you need for a stock motored bike. I also agree with Stunnah on the Shinko.
smile.gif

thanx for the input fellas. I was thinking of going with Spencer cycle, that is where I got my 2 step. Anyone have any experience with the NLR 2 steps???:

Back