Music City Raceway Mega Bike Shootout July 8 Nashville, TN.

TN, KY, The Mega Bike shootout is coming July 8th to Music City Raceway!!:cheerleader:
Test your bracket racing skills against some of the toughest bracket racers for some serious amounts of cash!!!
If your scared to take your busa down the dragstrip you can always borrow the neighbor kids 3HP mini bike and enter the pitbike scooter race for a $250 win!

Or just bring your bad turbo busa out and try to beat the Pro Bike track record that has been for the past 3 years. ET 4.23 @ 173.22 MPH in the 1/8 mile.

Its been a few years, but I am hoping to see the winners circle again but this time with the Busa (Suzi) for the street et class.:please:

Mega Bikes & Harley Program

LankeeYankee.jpg

MegaBikes2012_1000.jpg

What is the difference between ET, and streetbikes, besides the payout? I am assuming that Pro, is wheeliebar, delay box bikes.....

What is the difference between ET, and streetbikes, besides the payout? I am assuming that Pro, is wheeliebar, delay box bikes.....

Yes, ET will be electronics (Delay Box - Throttle Stops) I believe downtrack stutters are illegal. I dont believe you are allowed to run a wheelie bar / air shifter. and has to be DOT tires, basically street legal.
Pro Unlimited is a .400 tree with no handicap.
You can also run multiple classes.

Music City uses LED bulbs on there auto start tree. The track is all concrete 700', at an elevation of 526'

Is that you with the beard Donn?

Looks like fun, sure hope it cools off a little between now and then!

With the trophy? I'd say I see a beard and moustache! Good for you!

What? :dunno: no local Tennessee Busa riders are going to attend this race?? Skydivr, Trey, Rollin20Z?? Come on guys I promise I wont post any times when we complete the day? Keith I would really like to see you out there showing your clutch and throttle riding skills..

Donn if your gonna run I may ride up and watch. No point in running with a slow black black bike:whistle:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I have no clutch/throttle skills from a dead stop :)

Ohh you will have plenty of time for practice Tuesday night (tomorrow) and Friday night, if you feel you got it down you can also race Saturday night in the Pro Bike Class.
Nothing to it, release clutch, apply throttle and make 2 shifts, thats it. Do it a few rounds and you get $$$$

Ohh you will have plenty of time for practice Tuesday night (tomorrow) and Friday night, if you feel you got it down you can also race Saturday night in the Pro Bike Class.
Nothing to it, release clutch, apply throttle and make 2 shifts, thats it. Do it a few rounds and you get $$$$

Is that GET$$ or LOSE$$ :)

Well been practicing for the Megabbike race coming this sunday.
(Note: this is on a GENII SWB, no straps, no air shifter, no delay box)
Been trying different things for consistency and I believe I have it dialed in.
Tuesday night there were a bunch of bikes at the track guess everyone had the same idea.
Went 5 rounds and got down to the final 3 to give the race away:banghead: I was dialed in 7.47 and he was dialed in a 7.85. Drilled him on the tree by .065 ran down him down hard and lifted at the MPH cone and knocked off 5MPH. I knew it was close at the finish line..... his win light come on :banghead:
He ran a 7.852 on a 7.85 dialin to my 7.542 on the 7.47 dial in.. Margin of victory.... .005:banghead:
Hell thats dragracing five thousandth of a difference on the line. Guess I am a little rusty on the big end..
Well tonight ran another local 1/8 mile track with another setup to try out. Pulled into the track for there Wed night test and tune, I was the only one there!!:cheerleader: Well the owner said do you wanna run? Hell Yeah I am wanting to try a setup for the Big Bike Race Sunday, I just need a few passes!! Sprayed a lil VHT down but it was no help! Track was slick as shid.. Part of my set up is launching in C Mode. Tire blew up on the 5K launch. Thought to myself... well this sucks!! Well a GSXR600, Honda 954, Super Charged S2000 and a an all wheel drive turbo slick car rolled in:please: hoping they can put down some rubber and heat into the track..
They did.. Made a few more passes it hooked better not blowing the tire off the rim..
Last 3 passes all were within 0.016 of each other with an average reaction time of .052. Hopefully should get me a few rounds Sunday..
The setup should mess a few up running 7.20's @111MPH, most 7.20 street bikes run around 98-100 mph which means hopefully they will pass me and let off the gas thinking they have an easy race until the Busa power comes on strong after half track..:cheerleader:

Yes, These are slow times on a GENII!! Setup for bracket racing..... C Mode 0-330' - A Mode 330'-660'

2012-07-04_20-38-30_469.jpg

We are planning on heading down to help with a buddies pro-mod in Huntsville this weekend. If we end up not going though, I'll ride out to Union Hill and cheer you guys on. A good excuse to put a few miles on the bike. :thumbsup:

What others have said is right about the shutdown at the hill. Having dual chutes and have your foot over the brake as you pass the second cone is a must at anything better than a 4.60

Back