Default what seat do people use?

I just went to the track for the first time, and man it really throws you back in the stock seat. Do most people cut down a stock seat and recover? or go with an aftermarket seat for the track? (if so which one, and how do you like it?)

Default Re: what seat do people use?

I tried a aftermarket drag seat and I personally didnt care for it..for me it was very uncomfortable...made it hard for me to get my feet up on the pegs... I have long legs.

So I cut my stock seat down and recovered it. Gave me the room I needed to get my feet up,was comfortable,lowered me down and held me in place.

Seasoned Beef

That's what the hump is for
    Robert

yeah, but if I'm on the tank, there is a good 2-3" between me and the hump. If I slide that far back, I feel like I'm stretching out to reach the bars. Not sure I always want to run with a seat with a step in it (I don't think I always want to be so pushed forward) but think I will like one for the track. I got used to it after a few runs, but at first, it really tried to slide me back on that seat!

Quote Originally Posted by yzguyfl View Post
    yeah, but if I'm on the tank, there is a good 2-3" between me and the hump. If I slide that far back, I feel like I'm stretching out to reach the bars. Not sure I always want to run with a seat with a step in it (I don't think I always want to be so pushed forward) but think I will like one for the track. I got used to it after a few runs, but at first, it really tried to slide me back on that seat!
    You definitely gotta use what works good for you.....

Images

cut the stock seat like you want it and have it recovered or some shops stock a cut seat and you send them yours as a core. i dont like to ride anyones busa down the track without my seat especially a stock wheelbase
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    04 busa

Hayabusa Immortal Ludicrous Speed's Avatar

I used to use a Tobin/New Image seat, but I finally took a stock seat, stripped it, and put 1/4" foam on it and recovered it. I loved that seat! But I am a bigger guy, and do not really need the step.

2009 White/Blue Brocks CT1, ECU reflashing, airshifter, Black chromed, HIDs, some other minor goodies
    2000 Blue and Silver- wrecked project bike "FrankenBusa"
    2004 Black and Purple 5.99 @129mph 1/8th mile TOTALLED BY AN UNINSURED PUNK KID!

Seasoned Pilot

You can use the stocker if you roll up a towel and tape it to the hump. That will help keep you from sliding back.

I run no seat at all, sits me further down than anything.

Plus, if I run a 60' slower than 1.8 the battery shocks me as punishment
    2000 Hayabusa (2XXwhp LSR/Drag)
    2004 Hayabusa (Daily Rider)
    Sponsors: Wossner pistons, Airtech, Sims Motorsports, Praxis fabrication, Zorba's

Hayabusa Immortal

Drag seat/pan
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    03 AE

Dis in my way!
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Drag seat/pan
    Rick the pink totes in the background really set off the manly garage...
    Good citizens know they're accountable for their actions (someone has said, "My right to swing my arm ends when my fist hits your nose").

"Words can hurt. Words can heal. Therefore it is of the utmost importance that we pay attention to our words."

On the Internet in some quarters, freedom is being abused and used irresponsibly as a smoke screen to communicate in a vulgar, profane, violent, and insulting manner.

"Freedom requires that at the end of the day, we accept the constraint that is required...."

If I use a pan like the one above, I can barely get my feet back onto the pegs to stop

2009 White/Blue Brocks CT1, ECU reflashing, airshifter, Black chromed, HIDs, some other minor goodies
    2004 Black and Purple 5.99 @129mph 1/8th mile TOTALLED BY AN UNINSURED PUNK KID!

Hayabusa Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Rick the pink totes in the background really set off the manly garage...
    You are mistaken, that is Magenta!
    03 AE

Hayabusa Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
    If I use a pan like the one above, I can barely get my feet back onto the pegs to stop
    Lowered pegs (Buell) made a big difference in getting back on the pegs.
    03 AE

How tall are you?? I am 6'3, and fat, lol. I have trouble getting my feet back onto the stock pegs with the stripped seat I mentioned earlier. I found that having my feet in front of the pegs when launching helps.

Los Alamitos in Orange County Ca. "The OC"
    Images

I dished out the center of the stock seat, and stopping 1/2 inch before coming to the sides. Thus, leaving the sides alone. The stock cover fits great like nothing had been done. That gives me is more softer feel taking the "bench seat" feel out of it, taking the pressure off my tailbone. It made a BIG difference. the center of the "dishing" is only a 1/2 inch deep, then I bowled outward just before the sides. I used a 3 inch sanding disk which goes on my cordless drill, it eats into the foam easly and gives a smooth bowl finish. .......the sanding disk is obtained from Harbor Freight.
    its one of the better mods Ive done to date.
    2012 candy sonoma red le....Yosamura pipes, Powercommander V, K&N filter, Piaa hyperwhites, Scott steering stablizer, Stebul horn, Scorpio alarm, Shogun sliders, debeavered and more to come
    Current rides:.....2012 Hayabusa, 08 M109r, 09 Bandit1250s and 09 dr650se all tricked out and OH YA all Suzuki