just feels great

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
Went to the trak tonight. First run i ran a 13 something but a lot of that time was spent in netural just rolling. So go again this time i get a 10.56 but im getting a lot of wheel spin till second then i get a mini wheelie. so i go again but this time i lower the strap...damn bike cuts off. So then i met this guy in the pit and hes like yeah your spining let some air out your tire so im like cool i lets some air out. Go back out and run a 10.51 so im like damn i might be able to drop into the 9s...dont ask why. So i get up and i remember seein the pros have their rists cocked way the hell up so hey i try it lights green i nail it holly cow super wheelie bout 4 feets so i let of the gas bike comes down and i hit it again... Oh crap wheelies back but this time im headed into the other lane.. hearts beatin fast as hell so i let it donw and went home. Think im going back tomorrow. any tips for the wheelspin off the line? oh yeah my sheet looks like this

R/T .574
60 1.843
330 4.263
1/8 6.878
mph 106.69
1000 8.850
1/4 10.513
mph 134.04

Lookin at this can anyone see what im doing wrong and give me some tips for tomorrow. Oh yeah i finished in 3rd should i have shifted to 4 ?

For the wheel spin, don't roll through the water. What tire are you running,how long is the bike? Do a burnout in second and lean the bike side to side(to get more of the tire warmed up). Be careful not to lean it too much ,I've seen people drop there bikes when they weren't used to leaning it while doing a burnout. Make sure you put it back into 1st and get it done!!! If you are running a "stock" street tire I'd run no less than 20lbs of air. Make sure you line up where the car tires have been running.

And keep going back...Your times will get better and better...The bug has bitten again...
laugh.gif

im running a stock tire but i think that the thread is bout worn out. When i try to do wheelies on the street the tire nvr catches i always slide and tonight i could feel the tire spinning all the way through first casue the bike kept sliding all over the freaking track and when it would catch in second i'd get a mini wheelie. When im launching do i use the clutch to control my speed or am i right in just dumping it as i turn the throttle. I there any part of the timeslip that just glares screw up?

well im goin out today wish me luck ill get some pics and maybe some digital camera video of my launches

Slip the clutch off the line, it will take some practice to get good at it but you will have a better 60' and run faster.
smile.gif

tried that today but relized partway down that i didnt have the damn throttle twisted all the way then i forgot all bout it the rest of the day. I need to adjust it cause when i pull it all the way in teh bike still wants to roll. How do you adjust it on a busa didnt see the levers regualr bikes have

Busas have hydrolic clutchs thats why you don't see a adjustment knob like bikes with cable clutchs. There is a little dial thing with numbers that you can turn and it will adjust where the clutch engages at, but if you have the clutch pulled all the way in and the bike wants to creep forward then you need to bleed you clutch.
smile.gif

Ok guys in light of my new addiction to drag racing i had a couple of questions.

1. What kinda of preventative maintnece to i need to do so the track doenst destroy my bike

2. WHat mods can i do to help my quater time but not effect my handling ie(strapping vs lowering)

3. When you have an airshifter is that all you use to shift or can u switch back and forth between the two.

4. is there a dual sport tire one that can handle teh track and twisties?

Thanks

1) Change your oil often.

2)Put a strap on the front and use the links for the back. It only take 2 miuntes to lower the back with a friend. Loosen the nut on the bolt have your buddy go on the left side of the bike. With the bike on the kickstand have him reach over the bike and grab onto the rear passenger peg and pull towards him. He'll have to move it up to release the weight off the bolt and you'll have to communicate with him where to position the bike to allow you to put the bolt in the lower hole.

3)You use it at the track, you can switch back and fourth.

4)You can get a roadrace take off they work great for both.

Jim

Same responses here...

Oil...Keep it changed...

Strap on the front...You can use the adjustable dog bone on the rear...

Airshifter...On and off...

Tire...I'm using a Shinko street and track...I love it...However I don't ride curves aggressively but I feel the rear holding really good...
evil.gif

ive seen shinkos on ebay their priced extremely cheap and i didnt want to get caught in the whole you get what you pay for

ive seen shinkos on ebay their priced extremely cheap and i didnt want to get caught in the whole you get what you pay for
The Shinko I run ain't cheap...It's not the price of a MT but by no means cheap...Maybe I should buy one off EBay...
evil.gif

well depends on what your idea of cheap is
EBay Shinko

so these are good all around tires if so im on them cause i got quoted on a tire including install $240 and that was from the guy that usually hooks me up. Dunlop 208... but hey if you say their good im on them.

Him thats the wrong Shinko the one you want for drag racing is the R003. The one you posted is the 005 I believe which is not nearly as sticky as the R003 thats why its so cheap.
smile.gif

yeah i just did a search for the 03 they are bout 143 a tire. I just finished looking at brocks how to slam a busa tips and he mentions the shinkos, so thats what ill be buying. Are they any good for twisties or are they strictly drag because on the site thats all they spoke about was drag.

The are pretty flat (wide contact patch in the middle) so they are not really a great tire for the twisties. Your on the right path since you are reading brocks tips on drag racing a busa.
smile.gif

yeah i was thinking i needed more power but i cant seem to handle the power i got so im gonna do his mods and next year come out spinning. I just might buy an extra rim and keep one as my track rim with the shinko and get a pilot or dunlop as my cruising rim. Better than spending 2k on something i cant get to catch. Dont want to be like this guy at the track hand 226 hp and couldnt do any better than a 10.7. Says he bought the bike like that air shifter extended arm and lowered. Thats what ill be doing this winter just collectin parts. appreciate all you guys help

Yeah I know what your saying about people that can't ride. Two weeks ago we had a race at our local track ( its only an 1/8th) and I was the fastest streetbike there. There were two busa both with extended arms,PC's, full exhuast, air shifters, ect. and one of them even had a 40 shot of NOS and was still only running 6.40's. At that time my bike was lowered and strapped, 16 tooth front, and Two Borthers bolt-ons other than that it was bone stock and I was running low 6.30's at 116mph. So thats proof that you don't need a long arm to go fast you just need practice and a good clutch hand. Since then I now have a BDE Gen 3, PCIIIR, and an air box mod and I am running 6.20's in the 1/8 at 119mph.
smile.gif
So just keep going to the track and practice and lower your bike and your times will keep getting better ( remember to slip the clutch DO NOT DUMP IT).
laugh.gif

Back