We need your input

VelocityRacing

Registered
I am trying to lobby to get the other class started. One where we can limit the money being spent, and limit the use of horsepower by way of tire limitations and chassis limitations. I think that everyone agrees that the current turbo bikes needs their own place, until there is some nitrous programs that can compete. That place is called pro street!!! Streetbike shootout can then be limited to the tire and chassis mods, and bring back all the nitrous bikes to compete again. This will work. There is no other way you can compete 50k motorcycles with 20k motorcycles and handicap it so it will work. I know there has to be a place where the nitrous and turbo's can compete on a level playing field. The problem is, we have already created a monster with this class, and it is growing. We should not want to stop the current growth of all the new turbo bikes that are coming into the field. There are probably 7 more that are being built right now. This is the most any class has ever grown in this amount of time. There just needs to be its own class for them to run in. Of all the posts that I have read , and of most the people I have talked to, this makes the most sense.And I believe that most people agree that it does.To make 2 class's. One called pro street,with the same rules that applies today, and the other would still be streetbike shootout, with the rules as follows:

68" wheelbase
66" wheelbase for fuel injected bikes
Turbo or nitrous, only air to air intercooler, no alchohol on turbo's. No turbo and nitrous combo except on a carbeurated draw thru system.
2" ground clearance
No relocation of the neck, and no less that stock rake
No modification of the seat rails or frame for the puorpose of lowering the seat.
No 2 step allowed
No use of the mickey thompson mcr2 shootout tire allowed.
Stock appearing body work with stock headlight.
Gas tank limited to slopeing at the rear.
Data loggers allowed
No pro racer can race this class. not just pro street, but any pro class on the same weekend.
10 mile road course
charging system and self starting required.
Same weight rules. None below the tripple clamps.

I ask one favor from you all. If you believe that creating a new class for the turbo bikes called Pro street, and putting the rules in affect as follows is the best thing to do, send a e-mail to Tech@amaprostar.com saying just that

Thanks Barry

what would be your main goal by creating the 2nd class??
He's trying to get all the NOS bikes that used to run shootout back racing. The turbo bikes have discouraged(sp) alot of people from trying to compete. The turbo bikes are incredible!!! Congrats Barry on breaking the 200mph mark in shootout and outlaw. Tell Mikey I said high and congrats to both of you for the 7.70's on the 60" bike.I'll see you guys at the Rock race in November.

Jim

thats correct. I feel there are alot of people out there that would like to race, but they will not show up because they feel they can't compete. We need a class that they can. No pro's in it. Our bikes have gone away from the intent of streetbike shootout. it has gone crazy, and we need to get streetbike shootout back to what it used to be. And make a new class for these bikes that we have built called Pro street. I think there will be a ton of people that would like to race streetbike shootout again, without all the current turbo bikes. Barry

Back